Athlete Representative

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

Athlete Representative

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:21 pm

It’s that time again, two years have rolled passed and we need to reappoint the Athlete’s Representative. They represent paddlers at the British Canoeing Slalom Committee, and act as a focal point to collect and present the views of paddlers to the committee and to other bodies.
As such they are listened to by the International Panel (but do not have a place on the panel), coaches, administrators and others.
Martyn Setchell has been doing this for several years. DO you want him to continue, or are you interested? Or do you know anyone who may be interested?

If so please email your / their name and email address to slalom.secretary@BritishCanoeing.org.uk before midnight on 17th February.

If we have more than one nomination, I will contact them to get the reasons for them to be elected and arrange a period for you, the athletes to vote.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Canadian Paddler

Re: Athlete Representative

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:08 am

So the deadline passed.

Martyn Setchell was nominated again.
One other person expressed an interest, but did not want to stand against Martyn.

So Martyn is relected for another two years. Congratulations Martyn.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Dee

Re: Athlete Representative

Post by Dee » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:14 pm

Like!
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!