Discretion??

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
mikey

Post by mikey » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:56 pm

I was quite clearly told that I wouldnt be able to complete my second run! I was told I could judge in order to get my time on the water! This was by two members of the jury!!! I didnt hang around for the paperwork to be posted I got off home. This may be correct and a note may have been put on my card and a protest form it was quite clearly stated I would not be able to do my second run!

Nick Penfold

Post by Nick Penfold » Sat May 10, 2008 12:08 am

Mikey
If I read your last post to say "I was too angry to listen properly to what the jury told me, and I threw the toys out of the pram and drove off in a huff before the paperwork was published" would I really be mistaken?
Jury chairmen and members don't come more fair and reasonable than the two who have posted on this thread.

mikey

Post by mikey » Mon May 19, 2008 1:02 pm

Yeah your right nick! I did have a bit of a mardy after I was told I wouldnt be able to do my second run! The reason I didnt question the decision is I did not want to become confrontational infront of the two members of the jury. Both of which I have the utmost respect for as I have known them for many years!
Anyway Ive said my piece and this is kinda dragging on a little now! I have taken up sprint marathon paddling now, not to compete but just to train quite enjoying the challenge of staying upright!