Olympic tickets

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
New but old

Post by New but old » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:58 pm

Anyone know if they have had success in the Olympic Lottery?

Non paddler

Post by Non paddler » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:50 pm

We got about 15% of the money taken from our account for all the tickets we applied for. So maybe we have some, but as we applied for other sports we may not have any at all. On a (small) straw poll this seems about the average %. Very easy with hindsight but for relatively small participation sports could not the sports associations have been allocated some tickets for sale amongst active participants? I think you may get a few disappointed responders.

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:34 pm

We didn't apply as we hope to be volunteering (doesn't help that you don't officially get told if you have been selected until October but applications for tickets needed to be in by May, but hey ho!).

However, tickets for slalom can be bought on the German company website. They are legitimate but are priced in Euros bot pounds so do work out as being more expensive...

General Flangecustard

Post by General Flangecustard » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:43 pm

Does not look like we have:( . No money gone from our account.

jsrevell

Post by jsrevell » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:47 am

We applied for tickets for the 2 qualifying days at Canoe Slalom and my account has been debited for the full amount. :) :(

Must start looking for somewhere to stay; perhaps I'm too late already!

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:58 am

They will still be taking money out of accounts till June 10, so dont understand how they say yesterday was deadline!!.....

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:41 am

My money went yesterday. They authorised it a few days ago (obvious from an uncleared balance on the account). The process appears to be, they authorise your card for the amount, if that fails they email you and you get a chance to sort things before they try again. As far as I can see the payments went yesterday (they get 10 days from an authorise I think). No doubt they are now matching what they actually managed to claim, once thats done we will get confirmations. I guess those tickets that failed payment will be offered on the 2nd release along with those tickets that did not get taken on the first release. As far as I am lead to believe priority goes to those who applied but were unsuccessful.

I can tell from the amount debited I got at least one set of canoe slalom tickets, and another set of either cycling or canoe slalom tickets.

You can also get tickets (with hotel as a package) from Thomson I think.

boatmum

Post by boatmum » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:04 am

Didn't apply as I'm refereeing another sport at the Excel Centre and unfortunately the dates clash :( - I would advise if haven't already, to get your accommodation booked ASAP - prices are starting to increase already ???

andya

Post by andya » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:01 pm

Looks like we missed out too, no money gone :(
Andy
(D1 K1 1981, D2 C1&C2 2010)

GreenPeter

Post by GreenPeter » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:17 pm

No tickets for us.

But we only live an hour and 20 minutes form the course.
So in the true spirit of Olympic profiteering we will happily evict our rabbits from their hutch for the duration and rent out this bijou accomodation, comes with outside tap, but bring your own sawdust & straw.

Neil H

Post by Neil H » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:33 pm

GreenPeter wrote:No tickets for us.

But we only live an hour and 20 minutes form the course.
So in the true spirit of Olympic profiteering we will happily evict our rabbits from their hutch for the duration and rent out this bijou accomodation, comes with outside tap, but bring your own sawdust & straw.
Sounds like an the pubs when I was a lad - spit and sawdust

It's a bit like finding hares in your bed and wondering if your hareline is receeding. I've never had rabbits in my bed though. Chinchillas are alright though they never appear to get a headache but you do need ducktape

The general might be best to comment on rabbits abodes

boatmum

Post by boatmum » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:05 pm

At the rate I'm told things are going viz accommodation in London for 2012 you will probably be able to make a fortune renting out the Rabbit Hutches :D

Munchkin

Post by Munchkin » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:26 pm

Ummm... 45 mins away from Lea Valley and 3 spare bedrooms and a sofa bed in the lounge... Wonder how much we could get for that!!!

There is probably room for a couple of small tents in the garden too :D

boatmum

Post by boatmum » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:06 pm

I reckon folk would bite your hand off at GBP 30 to 40 per night per person - so.. you do the math :D

£5 a night tent pitch? Hey gotta be worth the additional hassle :D

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:24 pm

We have been victims of the "lost/stolen credit card" scenario. We reported this about four weeks back via the email address. Tuesday, this week we got an email telling us to ring a particular number with our new details. I phoned at hourly intervals on Tuesday and then again on Wednesday each time going through the usual "press 1 now if...., press 2...." menus and then being told "all our agents are currently busy this call will now be disconnected". Finally got through at 9:30 Wednesday night.

No money has gone from our account, but can't decide whether this is significant yet. Have spent a small fortune on phone calls I really hope we do get something.

Either way I think the whole process has been absolutely appallingly badly organised and executed. Lets hope the actual games are less disasterous.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!