Congratulations to the Young Scots Paddlers

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Seedy Paddler

Congratulations to the Young Scots Paddlers

Post by Seedy Paddler » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:04 am

Apologies for the delay but issues with the chat room and busy with the paid work, however thought it worth recognising the strength and depth of the current crop of young Scottish slalom paddlers. Much is made of the politics but the paddlers continue to demonstrate their commitment and capability. I will admit that I have past concerns on the level of criteria published for selection to SCA Performance squads – however results indicate that we have plenty of young paddlers meeting those exacting levels. So a huge congratulations to all – paddlers and their Coaches a clear demonstration that slalom is booming in Scotland.

SCA Performance Criteria 2014-15

Vision 7 Athletes
I Selection to GB U23 team
Bradley Forbes Cryan K1M; Alice Haining K1W; Andrew Houston/Michael Brown C2M; Elidh Gibson C1W

J U20 meeting better than 50% of runs within GB Standards at selection races

K Selection to Junior GB team
Lauren Strickland K1W; Louise Revell K1W; Jacob Holmes/Eddie McDiarmid C2M; Crawford Niven/Angus Gibson C2M; Rachel Houston C1W; Sophie Ogilvie C1W; Isla Kelly C1W

Horizon 12 Athletes
L J17 being Top 6 GB Junior Selection
Victoria Murray C1W; Aiden Waters/A McAleenan C2M

M J16 being Top 8 at GB Junior selection
Victoria Murray K1W; Aiden Waters C1M; Angus Gibson C1M

Top 5 @ GB J16 Championships
Jacob Holmes K1M; Jonny Dickson K1M; Victoria Murray K1W; Sophie Ogilvie K1W; Rebecca Ogilvie K1W; Angus Gibson C1M; Aiden Waters C1M; Sophie Ogilvie C1W; Victoria Murray C1W; Isla Kelly C1W; Holmes/McDiarmid C2M; Waters/Gibson C2M

N Top 10% of div.1 for J14 on the 21/09/ 2014(GB Junior Champs)
Johnny Dickson K1M; Peter Linksted K1M

Top 5 @ GB J14 Championships
Jonny Dickson K1M; Peter Linksted K1M; Lois Leaver K1W; Peter Linksted C1M; Emily Cameron C1W

O N/A for Slalom

• Criteria abstracted from SCA Published documentation
• Results abstracted from published Results and GB Team anouncements

Unfortunately I have no influence on SCA performance and selection is based on process and application. So achievement may not be recognised with Squad inclusion. Nevertheless congratulations on your achievements.

CD