Slalom ACM - General

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

Slalom ACM - General

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:56 am

2016 Canoe Slalom ACM
The Canoe Slalom ACM will take place in British Canoeing Headquarters, We will be meeting at the British Canoeing building in Nottingham. The British Canoeing building is at the far end of the car park. There are limited tea and coffee facilities. In particular, there may be a shortage of mugs, so please bring your own.
Catering
A free buffet style lunch will be available to delegates on the day. We will need to know the number of people wanting to eat, so please let Dave Spencer (dj_spencer@icloud.com) know by 19th November if you are coming.
Electronic Paper work
As a cost control and sustainable approach, we are reducing the amount of paper being produced for the ACM. As previously agreed we are distributing the ACM Agenda reports and proposed calendar electronically. Please ensure that you print and bring with you any paper work you require at the meeting.
Registration of your club can now be done online: http://bit.ly/2016ClubReg and Proxy votes can be recorded on line as well: http://bit.ly/proxy16

The Agenda for the meeting is online https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtjjosyje2hlt ... a.pdf?dl=0

The Documents for the meeting are on dropbox at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h4cbnx0ye696 ... XlBha?dl=0
This folder includes the Agenda, Invitation and all the current documents. Co_ordinator reports will be added as they are available.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Canadian Paddler

Re: Slalom ACM - General

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:31 pm

Phew

Motions posted. Highlighting additions, deleting text deleted (I think as it was all manual). The page number for teh rule is generally in teh post of you want to see what it now says.

So over to you guys for comment / second guessing / why did this not appear.

Hopefully see a lot of you at the meeting or teh biannual dinner that evening (might keep the meeting shorter!) Still open for cco-ordinator votes.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

JimW

Post by JimW » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:18 pm

Fantastic effort - well done!

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:45 pm

Quick question. As I'm confused by registration form.

When putting the representative details in there is reference to the year book, but what if the delegate is not the same person as the name to go in the year book?

(I am making an assumption that proxy votes are for when you are voting on behalf of another club, so this doesn't apply).
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:46 pm

Registration is to record the club, and nominate the main club rep. and teh contact details for the rest of the year.

If ANYONE other than the club rep is to vote then a proxy form should be used. E.g. a few years ago I was Proteus Slalom Rep, but also secretary, so we filled in a proxy vote so that Pete Atkinson could vote. We gave him full discretion on every case as he was trusted to vote teh way teh club wanted.

Proxys can be used to nominate another club member, or a member of another club, or a member of the slalom committee to vote as you instruct.

Remember if you give the instruction that the proxy must be for the motion with no discretion, the person cannot vote on any amendments or amended motions, only on teh original motion.

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:28 pm

Thanks for clarification!
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:59 pm

Does proxy have to be a bcu member in own right?

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:50 pm

I seem to remember they do from last year but we voted to allow someone who wasn't on the day.

Seems a stupid rule as you are representing the club not yourself.

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:52 pm

As a non-paddler I would rather not have to join if I don't need to, but not sure how to resolve

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:58 pm

I guess I could turn up and if it is really necessary then join on line on the day. What's phone reception like in the building?

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:11 pm

Votes have to be held by National Federation members. We are making decisions that affect National Federation Members, in a British Canoeing committee so that is part of the delegated authority requirement.

We ask people to bring their Federation card to prove membership. Every year someone forgets, and where I believe they are members I bend the rules and ask the meeting if they are happy to allow this. I cannot do so if someone is not a member.

You do not have to be a member to speak, just to vote (do not shout at me, it was handed down from BCU (yes that long ago), and I have not been able to update the constituion yet as I have had no feedback from BCU. So if (for example) David was ranked and had a proxy, he could vote, while Dee speaks. (nothing new here, sensible husband says what the wife wants him to :-))

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:22 pm

Does seem a little daft, but hey ho! I know you are not to blame :)

djberriman

Post by djberriman » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:24 pm

But the club you are voting for are the affiliate, beyond me what it has to do with the individual.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:03 am

My boss has saved the YE Accounts for the Committee in the ACM folder.

He says "Another healthy surplus, and this year, without the benefit of any British Canoeing grant income. Despite the Committee's efforts to reduce our reserves to a more comfortable level; they have increased again."

The Balance Sheet and Income & Expenditure Account, incorporate the accounts of the Canoe England Slalom Committee
Out of Darkness cometh Light

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:36 pm

Is the building we need to do to the one with accommodation by rowing lake. Or is it near slalom course?