Online Entries - The Future - Have your Say?

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Mrs C P Paddler

Re: Online Entries - The Future - Have your Say?

Post by Mrs C P Paddler » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Yep you are correct.

I've been asking for years now for FULL names to be put on results sheets along with their previous highest ranking. If I can't identify them from a nick name then I can't award the points. Some don't care about the points. Some cant remember what their previous ranking was which is fine as I can work out a ranking for them but it just takes so much time when I have 30 or so officials to deal with.

Might be an answer to get Ken to high light it on the simply slalom but not everyone uses simply slalom, preferring to use their own system. I have no problem with that.......just complete the results fully!!!! PLEASE!!!! :lol:

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:28 pm

A bit of good news for organisers of lower divisions (2-4) using canoeslalomentries .....

Thanks to Dave Spencer and Ken Trollope Simply Slalom is now able to upload the entries from a file. So....
  • From the Manage Entries/Summary page you can download a Simply Slalom export file
  • Copy file from downloads folder to the downloads folder on the PC that you are using for Simply Slalom (if they are different)
  • From Simply Slalom (2018) you do Ctrl+Shift+R and click the button to import your data
The import process will automatically generate any tabs you need.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

JimW

Post by JimW » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:28 pm

Sounds good to me!

Ken Trollope

Post by Ken Trollope » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:56 am

Simply Slalom can also be used for Prem and Div 1 events and will produce Start lists in pdf and .csv format to send to timing team.

Ken T
If it is not on fire, it might be a software problem.

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:19 am

Hi Ken
One of our few bits of overlap - canoeslalomentries will also display and produce start-lists in PDF format and .csv format for timing team.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Dee

Managing Promotions - Update

Post by Dee » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:49 pm

Managing promotions last year was a bit longwinded with organiser needing to cancel without a refund then put in a postal entry then flag the entry with an rtc etc. PU promotions on the waiting list were even more of a headache ...........

So, whilst there are some issues that I haven't managed to resolve it should be a bit simpler this year:

If the system knows that a paddler has been promoted and knows their new bib number then organisers will see a 'Manage Promotion' button for the entry, the actions from clicking the button then depend on whether the entry is on the waiting list or been accepted, but broadly waiting list entries are re-positioned on list, and accepted entries are automatically RTC flagged if fees are likely to have changed.

In more detail:

Waiting List Entries:
  • Paddle up entries to Host entries - bib details updated and effective notification date used for sorting the entries taken as the date of promotion (kindly calculated by Duncan on the ranking database. As host paddlers float to the top of the waiting list this will move the paddler up the list, but still behind host entries from before he/she was promoted. This is as per the rules
  • 3 to 2 - at a 2/3 competition they were a host entry before and a host entry after so there is no change to dates and they remain on the waiting list in the same position but with their new bib details. If their entry is subsequently accepted they will be charged for the new division entry.
  • Official to Official, Open to Open, Host in one division to host in another division - same as 3 to 2
  • odds and ends eg Host in div 2 to Open (2 to 1 promotion). Basically I have followed the same premise as for paddle up to host.
Accepted Entries:
  • Basically if still in the same race (eg paddle up to host, official to official, open to open) then bib details updated but nothing else changes.
  • If there is a change of race (eg div 3 to div 2) then bib details updated and an RTC flag of 'P' is added for you to sort out any discrepancies at the race
Notes:
  • There is no facility in the system to change class (eg C2 to K1), that is really a cancel and re-enter job
  • At the moment there is no way for paddlers to alter an accepted entry themselves
  • You can not manually add a 'P' RTC flag, but if payment is resolved in advance then you can remove it.
  • The processing should work for postal and online entries
  • The reason that we don't just take extra money for fees increase (eg 3 to 2) is that I don't believe that we should take more than has been accepted by the paddler at the time of entry.
  • I haven't tackled div 4 promotions (we don't have a date of promotion so a bit tricky) - This would be quite a bit of extra work and at the moment I don't believe it is really needed