ACM Potential Rule Change - Rule B3.3.2

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Seedy Paddler

ACM Potential Rule Change - Rule B3.3.2

Post by Seedy Paddler » Tue May 23, 2017 11:29 pm

Seem to keep getting an error posting this but will try again:
Recent events have seen top level paddlers unable to participate at their events despite entries being submitted in advance of Entry Deadline (UKC11.2) requirements. With limited race schedule available and commitments both within and outwith the sport it is essential that we ensure that athletes are afforded the opportunity to race. Whilst Enhanced Promotion opportunities should remain it should not be to the detriment of existing ranked athletes. This is not intended to promote elitism but merely to promote a single common reference for all. A Host paddler in any division will only seek to submit Entries in accordance with UKC11, hence it is very easy for Host paddlers to miss the guidance for enhanced promotion opportunities and find their Event oversubscribed before Entry Deadline. Hence the proposal below to revert to a single published entry deadline applicable to all divisions and classes. I have included both current and amended rule to allow comparison. Remember this applies to all Divisions. Open to discussion, amendment, change, endorsement or retraction prior to ACM submission date. Abusive rants will be ignored – life is too short to spend time on that crap :roll:

Current Rule:
B3.3.2 “Paddle Up” Participation Conditions
The entry fee payable will be the same as for competitors in the Host division.
Paddle Up competitors must wear their normal divisional bib when racing.
The competition organiser may impose a limit on numbers, either in the published calendar or at the time of planning the start list. If such a limit is applied, priority of entry shall be as follows:
a) Up to the priority entry deadline: Host division paddlers, in order of receipt of entries, then “paddlers up”, in order of receipt of entries.
b) After the priority entry deadline up to entry cut-off: both Host division and “paddling up” paddlers in order of receipt of entries.
Note : the priority entry deadline is the Friday four weeks prior to the competition.
Proposed Amendment:
B3.3.2 “Paddle Up” Participation Conditions
The entry fee payable will be the same as for competitors in the Host division.
Paddle Up competitors must wear their normal divisional bib when racing.
The competition organiser may impose a limit on numbers, either in the published calendar or at the time of planning the start list. If such a limit is applied, priority of entry shall be as follows:
a) Up to the entry deadline (UKC 11.2): Host division paddlers, in order of receipt of entries, then “paddlers up”, in order of receipt of entries.
b) After the entry deadline (UKC 11.2) up to entry cut-off: both Host division and “paddling up” paddlers in order of receipt of entries.

Dee

Re: ACM Potential Rule Change - Rule B3.3.2

Post by Dee » Wed May 24, 2017 12:10 am

I know this is already a matter of practice but for clarity sake, how about adding something like...
Paddle ups submitting their entry before the entry deadline will be added to a waiting list until paddle up places are released.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!