Online Entries - Email Notifications to Organisers

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Dee

Online Entries - Email Notifications to Organisers

Post by Dee » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:02 pm

I am starting to add (a small number) organiser email notifications to the online process. This is partly because I've found that I've been known to repeat myself this year and partly because I think it could be useful for those who have not run a competition or used the system before.

Most of the emails will go to everyone who is registered as a competition administrator for the relevant competition but will only be sent once so shouldn't add too much to email traffic.

So far, I have:
  • Email sent to organiser on initiation of competition explaining what to do next to complete the set up
  • Notification when payments have failed and the paddler has not updated details after 2 days
Other possible emails
  • Notification when there are waiting list entries that could be given a place (in practice this is a reminder, with instructions, to organisers to offer paddleups the places still available at the end of the priority period)
  • Reminder (and basic instructions) two weeks before the event to create a start list. (Possibly including instructions on transferring data to Simply Slalom)
  • A warning when a day is marked as full? (Or should this be when it is approaching full?)
  • A post-competition reminder to send results to appropriate people and to send off levies
  • A reminder 3(?) weeks before hand that you need to order prizes if you haven't already done so and to check and revise your safety plan
  • Warnings that competition has opened/closed for entries
I do not want to create too many of these, it needs to be a balance between enough to help newbies and not so many that they irritate/swamp the pros, but if anyone has an opinion on whether or not the above should be sent or has any other ideas then please let me know here or by email.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!