The Mysterious Workings of Pan-Celtics

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
CeeBee

Re: The Mysterious Workings of Pan-Celtics

Post by CeeBee » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:08 pm

The idea behind the Pan Celtic races is to let paddlers represent their country at an appropriate race in each of Scotland, England and Wales.

We were finding that when the race was combined with say a Div 1 race, that the prem paddlers were not at the race and so the competition was not being contested by the best paddlers. The Pan Celtic was therefore split for 2017 into Senior U23,J18 and J16 at prem races and Vet and J14 and J12 at Division 1 races. I don't know whether this will be reviewed at the end of this year to see what 2018 looks like.

I don't think you can avoid oversubscribed races at Div 1 in England and Wales.

For Prem races, I think that Prem paddlers who entered 4 weeks in advance have all got to race apart from the the forthcoming Tryweryn Prem which has a lower entry limit. [Other prem paddlers didn't get Prem entries at say HPP if they entered after the 4 week cut off as they were on the waiting list below Paddles up entries. The recent clarification by the committee allowing Prem paddlers to go to the top of the waiting list above Div 1 paddlers does help allow more host division entries to race when there are the inevitable withdrawals].

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:21 pm

CeeBee wrote: The recent clarification by the committee allowing Prem paddlers to go to the top of the waiting list above Div 1 paddlers does help allow more host division entries to race when there are the inevitable withdrawals].
???? Are you sure as that is not what the rules state?
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:32 pm

The May meeting minutes state -

5.9 Processing Wait Lists for Oversubscribed Races
A guidance note will be issued regarding processing of those on the waiting list. Where people withdraw
from an event, places will be offered to those on the waiting list in the order of host division, by order of
receipt, then paddle up in order of receipt.

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:31 pm

My understanding was that although that's how the minutes were worded it doesn't override the rules.

However I could easily be wrong. Need someone from the committee to confirm. Although a bit OT really
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!