Lots of good ideas but. . . . .

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

Lots of good ideas but. . . . .

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:58 am

As often happens at this time of year, there are lots of good ideas floating round the bulletin board, but very few get actioned. why is this?

To change things, you have to get a motion accepted at the Annual Consultative Meeting. It is not enough to just post ideas and hope thet 'the slalom committee' will action them. If you believe in your ideas then you need to consult with others, sort out a concensus, and argue for it. The volunteer committee does not have time and energy to do that for every idea, no matter how much they may agree with them individually or together.

Ok Rant off.

So If you want to change things for next year
  • agree with your club exactly what you want to change, and why
  • put it into a form of words that will help the ACM understand what a good idea it is
  • sort out which rules need changing to enable this
  • send these to the secretary before the closing date (30 days before the ACM, 26th October this year) This needs to be (5.6 page 180)
    signed by two full individual members who are members of and represent the views of a voting club
    . In this digital age, two seperate emails will count as signatures.
  • come to the ACM and put your case.
I can help with drafting if want, but you need to decide the first (time consuming) point. Just look at all the views and changes to proposals for vets. . . Still not a single proposal as far as I can see.

So this is the long winded way of saying do not miss the deadline of 26th October to get your motions submitted!
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

JimW

Re: Lots of good ideas but. . . . .

Post by JimW » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:02 pm

Time is running out...