Tidy up Div 3 levies?

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
JimW

Tidy up Div 3 levies?

Post by JimW » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:43 am

I have been giving this some thought and would welcome thoughts from others to decide whether or not to put it as a motion for the ACM.

Div 3 organisers will probably know that there are no levies (% of entry fee) paid to the slalom committee for div 3 races
Div 2/3 organisers will probably know that they do have to pay levies on both div 2 and div 3 entries

This is inconsistent, but is it necessary?

I am sure we all have different reasons for running combined div 2/3 events, but for some of us it is probably because the event is not viable for only a single division.

If we proposed a motion to remove the div 3 levies from div 2/3 events (deleting the 4th line of rule D7.10 would achieve it):
  • Would it be beneficial to other div 2/3 organisers?
  • Would the reduced income be harmful to the operations of the slalom committee?
To be clear, our event did not break even this year so this change would have helped us, but we do not know if it would help anyone else.
Our planning to avoid a deficit next year does not depend on this idea going ahead.
If there would be no benefit to others, or if the impact on the slalom committee would be harmful, we will not propose a motion.

CeeBee

Re: Tidy up Div 3 levies?

Post by CeeBee » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:47 pm

I think this is a reasonable and fair suggestion. You can always submit the motion and it will then be fairly debated at the ACM.

There is nothing wrong in a democratic organisation with submitting reasonable motions which can then be voted for or against.