Online Entries 2018

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Dee

Online Entries 2018

Post by Dee » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:51 pm

I've had two enquires in 24hrs so to save me repeating myself.

There are two parts to getting ready for online entry:
  • Setting up the Club Account
  • Setting up the actual Competition
Club Account Set Up
Setting up the club account can be done at any time before we set up the competition - you can send detail at any time and I'll start the process. The organiser needs to send me:
  • Club Name
  • Club Bank Account Sort Code and Account Number
  • Name and Email of the club treasurer
Notes:
If your club used the system last year then you will already have the account set up so we don't need to repeat.
If you are running multiple competitions you only need to do this bit once.
If the organiser and the treasurer are the same person, then please get the club chairman/secretary to send me the request (I need two people involved).
The treasurer will receive an email with a link to upload additional information including a picture of driving licence/passport - this is required by Stripe for "know your customer", purposes - which needs to be done before we can pay the club!

Competition Set Up
We cannot set up the competition until a) after the ACM has accepted the calendar, b) entry fees for next year are confirmed, and c) I've implemented anything from ACM that I need to do before adding the new competitions. So, earliest will be early December and probably nearer Christmas. I'd rather not receive competition details until after 10th December! I will then need:
  • Organiser name and email
  • Competition Name
  • Start Date
  • Organising Club (the one that gets the money!)
  • Divisions
Once ready I will initiate the competition and the organiser will get an automated email with information on how to complete the set up.
Organiser's email should idealy be your own personal email that you would use when entering other races - you can change the email displayed to the world as part of the set up.
If you are one of our less computer-confident organisers then you can add another "administrator" to your competition to help you (or if you are really, really nervous then tell me and I will add them on your behalf).
The system now sends a few (ie 3-4) emails to all those on the administrators list in the run up to the competition to try to help guide you through the on-line process.
IMPORTANT: It is up to you to check that dates, races, divisions, fees etc are correct on the set up for your competition - I generate a lot of the information from defaults but virtually every competition has at least some special case!
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!