Open Dates for Entries - Anyone got any thoughts

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
JimW

Re: Open Dates for Entries - Anyone got any thoughts

Post by JimW » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:52 pm

I wonder if 6 months in advance is too far? Maybe 3 or 4 months would be better and only load the new ones up on the first of the month?

Obviously it creates a potential for postal entries to get priority, but I think this is only a problem in div 1 and prem, and even then not for every race?

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:09 pm

Jim,I think if there is an 'open' date, this applies equally to both postal and online entries.

JimW

Post by JimW » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:42 pm

OK, so I found the button to enter multiple events at last, but when I check out I'm told my card will expire before payment for British Vet Champs is taken, which is true.
I don't seem to be able to work out how I can provide alternative card details - what am I overlooking?

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:59 pm

You should just be able to enter another card at checkout?
Am I misunderstanding the question? :?

Re the multi-entry button being hidden, well not hidden exactly but not obvious. This is deliberate because we want to encourage paddlers to take the slow route the first couple to times gets them familiar with how the system works without presenting too much info on the screen at the same time. It also makes it clear how to check the entry lists.

The multi entry button on the other hand, presents lots of options on one page and bypasses the list of paddlers entered so I think is less intuitive - to many buttons on the entry page for a first timer. However, people have asked for this functionality so access needed somehow.

So putting the button at the bottom of the page, makes it visible if you are looking for it, but doesn't, hopefully distract from the beginners route if you are new to the system.

That's the theory, no idea whether it works in practise :mrgreen:
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

JimW

Post by JimW » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:15 am

Oh right, I assumed because I could only highlight the last 4 digits it wouldn't let me do this, but in fact highlighting them deletes all the digits anyway...

All done for another day :)