Should we have a sweepstake?

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
IDL

Re: Should we have a sweepstake?

Post by IDL » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:37 pm

As a paddler I think that Online Entries are great.

As the organiser of a Div 4 & Open I won't be offering it, as I don't think there is sufficent demand. If I was running a Div 3/4 I think that'd be a different story and probably worth it.

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:59 pm

Since CP has taken 42, I'll take the Big Bang Theory of 73. (No chance of winning though, I doubt that there's that many in total!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbgK84J59DQ

Last edited by Jeff on Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:06 pm

Dee wrote:I do let myself be talked into adding functionality to the online system in my efforts to please everyone.

This has led to div 4s being added, but I'm still less than convinced that they will be used (which is partly why I haven't yet tackled div 4 C2s) and they add significantly to system maintenance as they always present a special case.

So, how many distinct div 4 paddlers will enter online this year? (There have been none to date).

I dare everyone to guess and we will see who is closest at the end of the year.

Entries So Far:
Dee: 12
CeeBee: 100
Canadian Paddler: 42
Jeff: 73
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

JimW

Post by JimW » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:26 pm

I think I already entered a 3/4 as an official on about the 5th or 6th?

Do I count or only paddlers actually in div 4?

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:32 pm

Has to be an unranked paddler!
So div 4 paddler entering div 4 race or div 4 paddler entering open/officials
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:32 pm

Since CP has taken 42, I'll take the Big Bang Theory of 73. (No chance of winning though, I doubt that there's that many in total!)
Caused me to actually do some research; there are four pages of K1M in the year book, 2.5 pages of K1W (with 50+ per page), 21 C1W, 30 C1M, and a page an a half C2s. So definately more than 73, and even more than CeeBees 100.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:05 pm

You'll have to get Amanda to enter with a higher number

Dee

Post by Dee » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:11 am

We now have one div 4 paddler who has entered via the system :)

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:10 pm

With less than two weeks to go to the first div 4 of the season and we have a second div 4 paddler that has entered on line. So that's women: 2, men 0. :)

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:54 pm

4 Div 4 entries now - the sweepstake is hotting up!

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:01 pm

10 entries now so into double figures

CeeBee

Post by CeeBee » Fri May 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Looks like the number of Div 4 entrants who have entered on line to date is 40 (24 males and 16 females). Not bad for May and should be plenty more before the end of the season. Suspect my guess of 100 may be slightly optimistic but Jeffs guess of 73 is definitely on!

We've found it so much easier to get out new paddlers to enter and pay on line rather than the pain of trying to get them to fill in entry cards and work out how much they need to pay which is quite complicated to newbies. Also hoping it reduces the entry queue on the day of the event as this was never a good start to the weekend.

It also lets us allocate the bib numbers before the day and so paddlers can see online at a glance the bib they will be racing in.

thanks Dee :D :D :D

WindsorCC

Post by WindsorCC » Thu May 24, 2018 7:24 am

I have to say, having used it to enter the two Cardington races for my three boys in Div 4 (and me and Ethan in C2), it's such a massive step forward.

That would have been 16 entry cards for me to complete, and poor overworked Patrick to enter!

Thanks again Dee for all your hard work on the entry system.

Paul.