Div 4 C2 - Confused of Winchester

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
IDL

Re: Div 4 C2 - Confused of Winchester

Post by IDL » Wed May 23, 2018 4:42 pm

So we had 3 C2's at Winchester. All scratch crews, including one ex-Div1 paddler, but they didn't win anyway.

I would still vote to reinstate Dv4 C2, if only because it makes it easier for Div 4 paddlers to understand. I tried to explain the current system at the prizegiving, but I'm not sure the message got across.

On reduced entry fees for C2 - I think it's insignificant as a motivator for entering, when a Div 4 entry is only a fiver anyway.

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed May 23, 2018 7:47 pm

Strictly speaking if you have div 3/4 competition I think that you would only have one C2 competition which, by definition would be div 3 pricing I think.

I'd like to see div 4 back as I do think it makes it easier for beginners to understand...

"Novice paddlers should enter div 4, except in C2 where they can enter division 2 and 3 even if they've never paddled before. Oh and by the way, if it's a div 3/4 competition you enter div 3, but if it is Div 4 only then there will be an open C2 competition which you can enter instead. You may find yourself competing against some pretty experienced paddlers, but don't worry, the organiser will (probably) sort it all out at prize giving..." somehow doesn't cut it!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Patrick O'Hara

Post by Patrick O'Hara » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:44 pm

Can anyone confirm my understanding of what I should be charging for C2s at next weekend's Div 2/3/4 Cardington slalom? My assumption is that as there is now a single division, any entries, ranked or scratch get charged 50% of the Div 2 fees i.e. £6.75 per day for late/on the day entries. While we are about it, can anyone confirm that a similar principle applies to all Vets and that they should be charged £13.50 per day for late/on the day entries.

Thanks for your help.

Patrick

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:20 pm

Patrick O'Hara wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:44 pm
Can anyone confirm my understanding of what I should be charging for C2s at next weekend's Div 2/3/4 Cardington slalom? My assumption is that as there is now a single division, any entries, ranked or scratch get charged 50% of the Div 2 fees i.e. £6.75 per day for late/on the day entries. While we are about it, can anyone confirm that a similar principle applies to all Vets and that they should be charged £13.50 per day for late/on the day entries.

Thanks for your help.

Patrick
C2 and Vets pay for highest division (as they used to for div 2/3 C2s)
STD on time div 2 is £8.50 per day. So ontime C2 is £4.25
Late fees are £5 per day for div 2. So Div 2 C1s and K1s pay £13.50, C2s pay £9.25

Vets will pay div 2 fees, so £13.50 per day for late entries.

There is no indication, that I've seen, to charge reduced late fees to C2s. (Though late fees are discretionary at lower divisions)

From this point of view having a Div 4 C2 class would definitely be a good thing - £2.50 and no late fees.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!