RIP Ken Trollope

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

RIP Ken Trollope

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri May 18, 2018 2:48 pm

The whole slalom community owes a massive debt to Ken - as parent, club organiser and coach, judge, committee secretary, yearbook compiler and a whole lot of other things, as well as creator of the SimplySlalom software that most race organisers now depend on. He was one of those people you can't replace.
BC comment https://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk/news ... n-trollope

The Slalom World would have been MUCH poorer without the enthusiasm the Ken brought, we will miss him. :(

Thoughts are with Amanda, Tim and the whole family
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Dee

Re: RIP Ken Trollope

Post by Dee » Fri May 18, 2018 3:08 pm

It is sad to think we will not see him around anymore.

And quite amazing to think that he really did carry on contributing right up to the last - it's less than three weeks since he sent out the latest update to SimplySlalom.

RIP Ken and thank you for all you did.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

BaldockBabe

Post by BaldockBabe » Fri May 18, 2018 3:11 pm

Dee wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 3:08 pm

And quite amazing to think that he really did carry on contributing right up to the last - it's less than three weeks since he sent out the latest update to SimplySlalom.
He was judging on the riverbank on Sunday :-( It was him that I quoted in my Facebook post (which brings a smile to my face).

Such a nice guy.

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » Fri May 25, 2018 10:13 pm

Such sad news. Love and thoughts to all his family.
Donna
Life is what happens when you're making other plans.

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri May 25, 2018 10:42 pm

Funeral Details:

Date: Friday 8th June @ 10.45
Venue: Salisbury Crematorium
Details: The family have requested no flowers and any donations to RNLI, everyone is welcome.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!