Help to get a boat from Stansted to Heathrow

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

Help to get a boat from Stansted to Heathrow

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:59 am

Sandra Paterson from NZL sent a message to the Slalom Facebook admins:
Hi from New Zealand, We're looking for some advice re getting from Stansted to Heathrow with a kayak! My daughter is competing in her first WC race this year, in Barcelona. We can get her and canoe to Stansted (or Luton/Gatwick etc) but she has to fly out from Heathrow. Any advice re how to get from one airport to the other with kayak gear? Uber looks like 100 pounds plus, and that's before mentioning a canoe, even if it were possible.
Wd there be any slalom athletes/families around that time who might want to transport her as a fundraiser? Any advice appreciated! Thanks
ps. and can't find an airline that will fly a kayak from BCN direct to Heathrow. again, any local advice would be awesome. thanks!
Anyone able to help?

Message here and I will send it on to Susan
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Dee

Re: Help to get a boat from Stansted to Heathrow

Post by Dee » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:04 pm

Dates?
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Dee

Post by Dee » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:10 pm

As a thought there is a National Express bus service that runs from Stanstead to Heathrow.

It could be worth asking maybe? Those coaches have pretty big luggage compartments which would probably take a kayak subject to pre-agreement and charge.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Just heard from Sandra,
The date in question will be September 13th, give or take a day or so. Thanks so much for your help
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points