Officials Entries

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
InsertUsernameHere

Officials Entries

Post by InsertUsernameHere » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:58 am

Can someone point in the direction of the rules or guidance on paddlers entering officials, in addition to another race in a competition (eg K1 officials as they are above the division of the race; and C1 in ranking event). I know it’s flagged in the entry system - but I’d like to know what the actual rule is so I can be fair.
Cheers

Dee

Re: Officials Entries

Post by Dee » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:57 am

2.11.1 These are not open events. Entrants must be able and willing to do judging or other official duties as requested by the Organisers.
At Division 1 and Premier races an athlete may not enter both a ranking or Championship Competition and an Officials Competition in the same or different events. At Division 2 to 4 competitions such a double entry in different events is at the organisers’ discretion and subject to completion of the official’s duties.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

InsertUsernameHere

Post by InsertUsernameHere » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:58 am

Thanks!!

IyaMaper

Post by IyaMaper » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:06 am

Interesting. This can be a bit of an issue with some of the Pan Celtic/Championship events - wonder how best to get around it? Guess it is just at organisers discretion. Eg. My daughter is doing K1 div 2 at Bala this weekend but has been selected to do C1 Pan Celtic - she is div 1 C1 but there is no ‘open’ category in the race so has entered as an official in c1. Lots of the Pan Celtic kids have had to do this this weekend. She will do officials duties obviously (or i will on her behalf to avoid her runs).

humphr

Post by humphr » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:12 am

My daughter has the same situation but the other way round. K1 div1 C1 Div2
Another parent

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:28 am

As it’s a div 2, the entry to officials is at discretion of organiser and as the organiser is running a pan Celtic I’m guessing they will allow such entries for pan Celtic teams. Of course if parents step up to assist with duties it does help the juggling a bit :)
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

JimW

Post by JimW » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:49 pm

It is a bit of a headache, email the organiser as early as possible to find out how they want to handle this situation. I once entered Tully as official in both K1 and C1 in order to race as a PCC veteran (having asked the organiser what to do), but the timing team found that challenging. Also speak to your team manager about options, if you aren't eligible for ranking points anyway you may find that your federation pays the entry fee even if you are entering as an official in the main race.