OHM Training Device?

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Jerry Tracey

OHM Training Device?

Post by Jerry Tracey » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:56 pm

Does anyone know what the OHM Device that is advertised on the website is or does?
I tried the link to further details, but I am no wiser!

humphr

Re: OHM Training Device?

Post by humphr » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:37 pm

It’s a rubber block or series of rubber blocks that fit to the underneath of your boat. Causes resistance and there for makes it harder.

I’ve got a set on order for my daughter. She’s looking forward to testing them out
Another parent

JimW

Post by JimW » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:08 am

Same idea as using a bungee or a rope around the boat to increase resistance when training, but it has some much bigger blocks to add even more resistance. Should probably work up from a bungee to thick rope and then OHM device rather than jumping right in - I find the effect of a bungee on my WWR quite effective enough!

Jerry Tracey

Post by Jerry Tracey » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:28 am

Many thanks - I see now!
I was thinking this was some kind of off-water simulation and couldn't make any sense of it in that context!
Some years ago, my local training venue was a small pond and this would have been very valuable in that situation.

humphr

Post by humphr » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:11 pm

JimW wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:08 am
Same idea as using a bungee or a rope around the boat to increase resistance when training, but it has some much bigger blocks to add even more resistance. Should probably work up from a bungee to thick rope and then OHM device rather than jumping right in - I find the effect of a bungee on my WWR quite effective enough!
You can slide as many of the blocks you want into the water by the look of it.
Another parent

JimW

Post by JimW » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:36 pm

humphr wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:11 pm
JimW wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:08 am
You can slide as many of the blocks you want into the water by the look of it.
I realised that after I posted, you can even slide all the blocks onto the deck and just use it as a bungee. Lots of options to vary the resistance for different sessions!

finnreillymcqueen

Post by finnreillymcqueen » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:18 pm

Jerry Tracey wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:56 pm
Does anyone know what the OHM Device that is advertised on the website is or does?
I tried the link to further details, but I am no wiser!
Hi Jerry,
Sorry for the late response, I only just caught this. I'm the designer of OHM products. I think your question has mostly been answered here, but if you have any other questions I'm very happy to answer them.
I am going to update the website over the next few days to make it a clearer for those unfamiliar with resistance training because I can see how it is a little confusing at the moment!
Thanks,
Finn