Short Boats

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
rich hounslow

Post by rich hounslow » Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:31 pm

i tried out the new slingshot too, very fast at turning and what makes it better than most of the other boats is the stability it keeps even when turning fast. not so sure about the straight line speed, but i guess when the optima first came out everyone was worried it was too slow, but it didn't do so bad. time will tell.......

Post by guest » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:31 pm

so we gonna get some pics of the boats then geezer on the site??

Dutch Geezer

Post by Dutch Geezer » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:13 am

Hi Guest, was worried you had gone away, nice to hear from you again.

I'm re doing my website at the moment there is a photo of the Slingshot on there. http://www.doubledutchuk.com/Scotac_may04_004.jpg
I also have video of it in action, so I am looking into how I put that on the website. I will try and capture some better photo's off the video as well.

There are also some photo's of Sam Oud in the Scimitar 85 and a photo of the Ballista.

We are waiting for feedback from Huw Swetman on the Ballista/Scimitar 85 and we have just had interesting feedback from Spanish paddlers based around Sort.

They have tested all short boats available on the market at this time with all their paddlers. The Scimitar consisitently comes out on top, we are hoping to get a copy of their results, but they have now ordered 16 Scimitars. So maybe people should revisit this boat.

Post by guest » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:39 pm

ill neva leave ya geezer :;): the new site is lookin good.

joe coombs

Post by joe coombs » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:30 pm

Nice website Geezer!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Never Fall In!!!

Dutch Geezer

Post by Dutch Geezer » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:27 am

Aw shucks, you'll embarass me, but thanks anyway.

Spoke with Neil Buckley who is on the Welsh Training camp at Sort. He thinks the Slingshot is fantastic on the course there, times on full runs compare very favourably with other short designs.

I'm hoping to have a cut down version for around 60 kilo paddlers at Nottingham straight after the new year.

I am also aiming to deliver orders for the Slingshot at the end of January if delivery time is the important factor in the decision process.

c1mini

Post by c1mini » Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:47 pm

it looks good as far as k1s go..... :D the newley designed site is looking good dutchy, not much on c1s though :(
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares?... He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.

Dutch Geezer

Post by Dutch Geezer » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:07 pm

Your right, the C1 is a proving a little bit more difficult, the arrangements we thought we had, have just not happened, yet.

We have now got feedback from other paddlers on the Stimulus which we are looking at and I hope that we will have those improvements done fairly soon.

They are mainly volume changes and cosmetic changes to make the boat appeal to those paddlers who have an image to maintain.

As they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and being a shortsighted kayaker, I thought the Stimulus looked quite mean on the water. Some paddlers were put off by the appearance and wouldn't even get in the boat.

We are also waiting on feedback from some of the foreign training camps where our paddlers have had the chance to paddle other designs and hopefully we can incorporate that into the new design as well.

SteveM
Site Admin

Post by SteveM » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:20 pm

<off topic> Like the avatar image c1mini. Got a bit of a rally/Impreza thing going on myself - have a look at this, this, this and this. Oh, and this too :D </off topic>

Steve

Edited By SteveM on 1103844097

Dutch Geezer

Post by Dutch Geezer » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:33 pm

There will be a Slingshot 65 at Nottingham from Sunday the 2nd Jan

c1mini

Post by c1mini » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:25 pm

nice impreza steve looks good, get some good speed? i love imprezas want one when i can get one :D :D
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares?... He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.

beefy

Post by beefy » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:35 pm

yes but as ure about 12 that will be a while wont it james

c1mini

Post by c1mini » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:53 pm

er hum 14 keith get it right :embarassed:

beefy

Post by beefy » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:18 pm

still 3 years tho
awwwwwwwwwww
then i will buy u a booster seat

Dutch Geezer

Post by Dutch Geezer » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:56 pm

The Slingshot will be at either Bala or Llangollen this weekend depending on where the junior training camp is being held. Richard Lee will have the boat. See him to arrange a test paddle.