Stone Mini Slaloms - Coming soon

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Dave Royle

Post by Dave Royle » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:48 pm

Once again, the Stone Mini Slaloms are upon us. The series of three events are open to all, from beginners through to champions, and are run on a handicap system based on class and division. Anyone has the possibility to win this race. The winner of the series will be decided on a ten boat superfinal at the end of the third race. Could it be you?

The third race will also be a Division 4 race for those looking for promotion early in the year.

All prize winners receive one of the Mini Slalom mugs with a unique design by Laura Blakeman. Anyone competing in all three races and not winning a prize will also receive a mug.

This is your chance to compete on a level footing with the top guys in our sport. Too good an opportunity to miss. :D

Event dates are 22 Jan, 5 Feb and 26 Feb.

Entries by 10h00. Event starts 11h00.

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:14 pm

:D New for the 2006 Season

If you get promoted and apply for a promotion certificate on the new form you will receive a discount voucher towards your next event.

Jim Croft Slalom Admin

Dave Royle

Post by Dave Royle » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:34 pm

I have just corrected the event timings.

10h00 last entries
11h00 event starts

Dave Royle

Post by Dave Royle » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:20 pm

Event results are now posted on Nick Penfold's site Precision. Thanks to all those who attended helped and supported the event.

I have amended the event times. With so many entries we need more time to get things together. Entries will be taken from 08:00 to 10:00 and the event will start at 11:00 as normal.

Don't forget, anyone who has competed in all three races and not won one of the famous mugs will recieve one anyway as our way of saying '"Thankyou for supporting us".

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:19 pm

On behalf of the paddlers, I would like to thank Dave and all the club members for organising such a successful event.

The large number of entries could easily have caused problems but the event was super smooth. I particularly noted that the starter in the afternoon was sensibly varying the start intervals. About 30 seconds, if a slow paddler was following a faster one and longer, if the other way around.

Well done.

Why though do you still call the event a Mini Slalom?
Out of Darkness cometh Light