Boat Dilema!!

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
PuzzledK1

Post by PuzzledK1 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:07 pm

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me, I'm having a bit of a dilema choosing boats and was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers or advice.

I'm a K1 paddler in prem weighing around 48-50kg so my problem is finding a boat that turns well and can be cut down to fit me! Any suggestions, advice or comments from anyone would be much appreciated!!

Thank you!! xx

Dutch Geezer

Post by Dutch Geezer » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:19 pm

I think you will find that all the manufacturers will be able to cut their designs down to suit your weight.

I can offer you the Slingshot 353 or the Energy 350, I have demo boats cut for 60 kilo at HPP which you can try, they will be a bit big, so take some foam to put under the deck and also to pad out the seat, that way you should feel quite tight in the boat.

Hope this helps

ace

Post by ace » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:43 pm

i've got a Vajda nexus in a small, i'm 55kg which is the lower end of the small but i know theres an extra small demo boat about. i've never had a boat that turns so fast!

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:14 pm

You have to be careful if you have a boat cut down, as sometimes the deck has not been cut straight and it causes problems with leaking and strength as we have found out to our cost!!!

There is a new range of boats being launched in the next couple of months that should be ideal for you. If you send me a PM I will keep you updated.
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

Small paddler

Post by Small paddler » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:21 pm

We got a Caiman cadetto, its been brill! They can still be shipped in. Heard the Energy is worth looking at. :D :D

PuzzledK1

Post by PuzzledK1 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:46 am

Thanks guys, yeh i tried the nomad energy and the small demo nomad quantum, and really liked both, especially the quantum apart from them being too big. But i spoke to someone else who said that they had been told that the small quantum (built for 60kg) was about as small as they could cut it (without changing the boat completely).

xx