Ranking lists -again

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
jojo

Post by jojo » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:11 pm

Hi all, Any ideas on where I can get an ACCURATE ranking list for 2006? From comments made about there definitely not being any end of season promotions, the ranking list that appears on this site isn't correct. Also, it's been years since I was ranked across the end of one season into the next, do you still get a slalom year book automatically, and if so when do they come out? If you don't get one automatically how do you get one? We want to apply flor our bibs, but don't know what we are applying for at the moment!

The BCU's own site is helpful but limited to say the least (come on guys, surely our own organising body can do better than that!)

Confused

Post by Confused » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:48 pm

Whats the problem with the one on here! Ours have come back as per ranking on the web.

jojo

Post by jojo » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:00 pm

Dear Confused

I am glad to hear that your ranking was correct, sadly mine and my husbands are not! I am listed in Div 2, based on NR SS postings, when in fact I only competed in 2 ranking slaloms this year. By my reckoning I should have a bib no. near the top of Div 3. I did compete at Yalding at the end of the year, but it was not quorate for Div 3 KIW, so even though I won, I would not have been promoted. My husband also competed at Yalding in Div 3 K1M, which was quorate, but the scores from that have not been added to the scores he already had. Vince does not seem to have posted the results to Nick, as they do not appear in the 2005 results list. I know it was his last slalom, so may be they were never submitted to the Exec. We also had a young Div 4 paddler with us who was promoted to Div 3, at Yalding, but he is still shown in Div 4 on the raking list. Nick/Jim any ideas where we go from here please.

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:39 am

You should contact the ranking officer of the division to which you refer to (names in yearbook) Yalding is alway somewhat lax, I did not receive any results as Slalom Administrator, my wife was sent a set as BCU Accounts Manager. If the ranking officers did not get a set of results then they would not have been able to take them into account. As for the Div 4 Man that was promoted he applied for and was sent a promotion certificate on 11/11/05 However if Penny Scaife did not receive his card or any results then she would have been unable to include him in division 3.

Jim

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:40 am

You should contact the ranking officer of the division to which you refer to (names in yearbook) Yalding is alway somewhat lax, I did not receive any results as Slalom Administrator, my wife was sent a set as BCU Accounts Manager. If the ranking officers did not get a set of results then they would not have been able to take them into account. As for the Div 4 Man that was promoted he applied for and was sent a promotion certificate on 11/11/05 However if Penny Scaife did not receive his card or any results then she would have been unable to include him in division 3.

Jim

Newcomer

Post by Newcomer » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:18 pm

When do Yearbooks get sent out?

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:42 pm

Hi Jo

Don't put yourself down you won the div 3 K1L = 100points Bala on the 18th September you also won at Yalding: as this event was inquorate your score was based on the K1 M Div 3 that gave you another 100 points therefore with 2 wins you get promoted to Division 2, please read rule 4.2 on page 64 2005 Slalom Yearbook and rule 4.5 on page 65.

Before going on the chat line always check with the Ranking Compiler/s

Jim
???

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:51 pm

:O All ranked paddlers should get a Yearbook automatically if you don’t receive one let me know by sending me your full name and address. Yearbooks will be posted out hopefully in about 2 weeks time

Jim Croft Slalom Administrator

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:39 pm

Does that include paddlers who have applied for ranking status for 2006 ? or will we have to buy one.

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:56 pm

When do the bibs get sent out?
I applied for mine (K1M Div 3 No.22) ages ago.....

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:59 pm

It should included re ranked paddlers but if you don't get one you won't have to buy, send me details and you will be sent one

Jim Croft Slalalom Administrator

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:03 pm

Jeff

Check with the Div Bib Officer not the chat line. Did you enclose all information needed with your bib application

Jim

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:08 pm

Thanks for that Jim, how things have changed in my day nothing was for free !!!!

jojo

Post by jojo » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:13 pm

Dear Jim, Thanks for your swift reply, it hadn't occured to me that I had gained promotion on the D3K1M scores - apologies for using the chat rooms too, it's been too many years since I last got promoted and I've forgotten how all this stuff works. We will apply for our bibs to the relevant bib officers. Regards
Jo

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:45 am

I also applied ages ago for a K1M Div 3 bib that I haven't had yet