Div 1 Late Entry to be £5 - Div 4 free, Div 2&3 fee £2

For
54%
Against
46%

Total votes: 26

fison

Post by fison » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:04 pm

Well what can i say you ask the organizies and ask the if they have received all the entry they think they will get and its not enough. so they cancell the event and then in the next day they get say 50 more entries and so the race can then run.

double it or even more

we have morden tecnolgy in 2006 come every body we remember when we get paid and is it that hard to forget to enter a race :p
lets get it on

kanu.63

Post by kanu.63 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:34 pm

Insted of a late entry fee paddlers should be placed at the start of their division and not in their ranking postiton .IE a late entry paddler runs the risk of who he/she follows down a course and the assoiated risks that go with that run eg swinging poles,not being able to watch others before your run etc.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:38 pm

Give them a stint of gate judging - when its cold it aint pleasant!!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:26 pm

How many year books have people got, do we really need one for every event we take part in? K1, C1, C2 - one would be enough. :angry:

Anne

Post by Anne » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:40 pm

Most people are very grateful to receive more than one year book. At present the system means we would have to manually go through the labels and remve duplicates. As it was it took about 10 of us 3 hourse to pack them for posting, that was not including the labelling up of the envelopes! If you really don't want more thwn one we can see what we can do next year but I am sure others will complain because they want more, we can never win!!!

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:41 am

:angry: Being on fot the ten packing Yearbooks I agree with Anne to sort through duplicates would be nightmare, It took Catharinie (my long suffering wife) several hours just to lable the envelopes then sort into categories, as not all yearbooks have the same information sent with them. If you are a K1 and a C1 you have paid 2 lots of entries so why not 2 books.

Jim

FatBoy

Post by FatBoy » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:24 am

Just got my yearbook - it's been via my old address. Who needs to know the new address? (BCU and bib officer have been updated...)

Boat Sherpa

Post by Boat Sherpa » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:28 am

Guys - no one is suggesting that the slalom committee and its volunteers are not doing a sterling job - however 6 yearbooks to one household might seem a little excessive even if the entry fees were paid. Perhaps the method of recording the information held on all slalom competitors needs to be looked into, as it shouldn't have to be a manual task to sift through all the address labels to work out which are duplicates. Computers have been doing this sort of job since the database was first invented. A maximum of 2 or 3 yearbooks per household would then be easy to manage and might even knock an hour off your packing time hopefully.

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:44 am

??? Fatboy
The Ranking Officers supply the addresses, they get it from your entry cards if in doubt let them know change of address.

Boat Sherpa
Each Ranking officer supplies the Labels for Yearbooks so it is unlikely that other officers would know they are duplicates. They arrive to me already printed, may be one day we will get it right

Jim

FatBoy

Post by FatBoy » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:52 am

Sounds like we need a national ranking database that takes internet entries :)

Is the ranking officer the same as the bib officer?? I used my new address for all but the first race last year (which was before I moved).

Carlr

Post by Carlr » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:58 pm

Is any one else still waiting for a yearbook or am I the only 1.