Div 1 Late Entry to be £5 - Div 4 free, Div 2&3 fee £2

For
54%
Against
46%

Total votes: 26

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:22 pm

(a) That Late entry Fees for Division 1 and Premier be increased to £5.
Page 78
Amend rule UK11.3 (d) (p78) as follows:
UK11.3 (d) at the discretion of the Organiser, where there is space on the published timetable and the entry limit has not been reached, on payment of an extra charge of £5 (Division 1 and Premier) or £2 (Divisions 2 and 3) per entry. The organizing club retains the extra charge in each case, and may waive the charge at their sole discretion. There is no late entry charge for Division 4 entries.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:58 pm

Don't you think the entry fee's are high enough as there is no junior class in Div1/Prem, which is against the european equal opps policy?

In every other division there is a junior entry fee, why nor in the higher divisions, after all we are encouraging younsters in to the sport then penalising them and their parent's for doing well :angry:

But I do agree that we should encourage entries to be in on time so by putting up the late entry fee may do that.
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

Anne

Post by Anne » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:33 am

My biggest headaches when running the recent prem/one was late entries, trying to cintunally update a start list (when I should be getting the following weeks ready} was a nightmare!
Also the fact thet only a small minority actually include the late entry fee increases the work as it then has to be chased up or it isn't fair on those who have paid it.

I am aware of the issue re juniors and reduced entry fees, it was brought up earlier in the year. If a club feels strongly re this then a motion oculd have been put forward for the ACM.
however it is too late for this year. If I return as chair it is an issue I will agenda for discussion with a view to a motion for next year. We will of course have to look closely at the financial implications to the slalom committee and the clubs as there are a large number of juniors. particulary in Div 1.

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:23 am

Thanks Anne, I thought "my club" would have proposed this motion for reduced junior entries in Div1/Prem seeing as how it is supposedly the largest junior slalom club in the UK, but they chose to go off on other tact's!

But thank you for looking again at the issue, it was brought to the committe's attention last year prior to you taking over the role and your response was encouraging.
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

kanu.63

Post by kanu.63 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:36 pm

Late entrys should be up to the organizer .How about any late entrys go off at the start off their class and not in their ranking or bib position?

quaker

Post by quaker » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:59 pm

From what others have said on this topic maybe the change misses the point. I think the "The organizing club retains the extra charge in each case, and may waive the charge at their sole discretion." statement should be changed.

The organising (note the s!) clubs should really automatically charge the fee and get to keep it. That way it would force through the need to get entries in early and save organising clubs the headache of having to constantly adjust the start list.

Keep the fees the same, but make clubs charge the late fee (and they keep the cash).

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:56 pm

discretion was put in so that it is not needed at div 3, where we still want entries any way we can, but expected at Prem/Div 1.

Sorry about the 'zee' stupid spell check in word when somone's document was in US not English.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:09 pm

I think late entry fees should always be at discretion of organiser. After all there can be all sorts of reasons for a late entry, eg recent promotion, postal strikes, sickness or even being persuaded to enter another class on the day just to make it quorate.

At the div 3/4 level things will always be difficult; we had attended several div 3 slaloms before I even twigged that entries were supposed to be sent in advance!

I agree that by the time prem and div 1 are reached everyone should know the procedure but £5 could be considered fairly steep if it's a double and you're entering more than one class. £20 for missing a deadline by a day or two (and yes we have been charged for being a day late even at div 3 level) seems a bit harsh.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

frontman2

Post by frontman2 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:09 am

In Prem C2 this season, it has been necessary to enter either late or without enclosing the normal fee with entry, due to the fact that so few have actually entered by the time the start lists have come out. I'm fed up of doing races where the maximum points we can realistically get is 80 (as opposed to up to 200), because fewer than 3 boats have entered. I don't want to waste an entry (which I don't get refunded), not knowing if the race will be worth going to. i.e being the only boat. There needs therefore to be some discretion on the part of the organiser to decide whether to charge the extra fee, otherwise, it's possible we will effectively be paying late entry fees all season.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:32 am

Of course the motion to change C2 ranking points will mean that points will depend on how fast you are rather than how many boats enter. Might help this situation.

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:29 pm

Some people may work/other commitments at the weekend and therefore are unable to plan ahead which events they are going to race.

I often fly overseas at the last minute on weekends, so am unable to enter events 2 weeks before hand. So I either have to decide to enter 2 week before the race and risk losing the entry fee if I can not make it. Or use the late entry option and be penalised possible £5 for the pleasure.

There seam to be concessions for ‘busy people’ who have a life outside slalom.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:47 pm

RESULTs

(a) This motion was split into two parts: That Late entry Fees for Division 1 and Premier be increased to £5 and that at division 2 and 3 the charging of the fee is discretionary.
£5 at Div 1
UK11.3 (d) at the discretion of the Organiser, where there is space on the published timetable and the entry limit has not been reached, on payment of an extra charge of £5 (Division 1 and Premier) or £2 (Divisions 2 and 3) per entry. The organizing club retains the extra charge in each case. There is no late entry charge for Division 4 entries.

This motion was lost with 30 votes for, 41 votes against and 10 abstentions
Discretion
UK11.3 (d) at the discretion of the Organiser, where there is space on the published timetable and the entry limit has not been reached, on payment of an extra charge of £2 per entry. The organizing club retains the extra charge in each case, and may waive the charge at their sole discretion at division 2 and 3. There is no late entry charge for Division 4 entries.

This motion was carried nem con

david wilson

Post by david wilson » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:08 pm

Sorry to resurrect this posting which appears to have been put to bed.
I am wanting to send an entry to the Tees Organiser.
I haven't received my Slalom Yearbook yet.
Got the bibs but no books, presuming that they will follow.
Not wishing to incur the late entry fee.
Does anyone know what the Entry Fee is this year.
Prem races only
Thank you.

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:22 pm

Entry fees have been on the website for a number of weeks
They are

Division & Category
Standard Fee Late Fee (when accepted)
Single Event Double Event Single Event Double Event
Premier & Division One
(all ages)
£15.00 £24.00 £17.00 £28.00

Or a phone call to the Slaom Administrator

Would have given you amd instance reply

Jim

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:07 pm

All th info is on the web! If you can post here then surely the rest of the information is at hand.