Proteus Club Burns Down!! - Illegitimate sodomites!!!

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:04 pm

Thanks Dee,
do not know of anyone going to Stone, Dave Swift usually goes to Sowerby and Matlock I will check. I definately cant go to Matlock, it is the weekend nearest my wedding anniversary and I always take my long suffering wife away then - without canoes (hey whats 1 week in 52?). Rats she's just come in, read over my shoulder and said 'too true to be funny!'

Anyway, I will see if I can get anyone to go to Stone as a first step.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Gladys

Post by Gladys » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:16 pm

Hi Canadian Paddler

If you can find anyone going to Stone for the Div 3 just let me know and I will give them the kit. If anything isn't suitable then you can either pass it on for dispose of as you see fit.
Natural beauty has no need for artifical adornment.

Kate

Post by Kate » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:21 pm

Hi Gladys

Are you still planning to be at Stone this Sunday? If so I will be there to pick up kit/donations for Proteus.

briman

Post by briman » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:00 pm

Hi Kate,
I have a kayak and a few bits of kit for Proteus. I will be at Stone tomorrow (Div 3 Mens Kayak Bib 224).
If it's a problem picking this up, let me know.

Cheers,
Brian

Kate

Post by Kate » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:18 pm

Brian

No problem, I'll see you there tomorrow.

Kate

Gladys

Post by Gladys » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:32 pm

Hi Kate

Sorry couldn't make Stone this weekend as I have been ill for most of the week. Will defintely be going to Sowerby Bridge so I will take all the stuff I have with me but the boat will not be available until middle of April.
Natural beauty has no need for artifical adornment.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:01 am

Dave Swift will be going to Sowerby. Hope you are feeling better now Gladys.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

briman

Post by briman » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:21 pm

Glad to help out. will let you know if we manage to get any more kit for you

Thanks for the Calendar.

Cheers,

Brian

Dee

Post by Dee » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:47 pm

Hi there,

Any news? How's the kit collection/rebuilding going?
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:31 am

Hi Dee,
Sorry for the delay in replying, things are getting frantic at work, and then we are trying to keep the momentum with the club.

The Kit collection is rebuilding my faith in human kind every day. So many people have just come up to me (or Kate) and handed equipment and boats over. Thank you all so much, we are compling a list of all donors, and are very grateful. The collection is now swinging away from kit - we are back on the water - and towards donations - again with amazing generosity, form all over the place - people just pasing whats left of the club, businesses and paddlers alike. All helps towards the rebuilding costs.

Menawhile Neil Ogden is neglecting his business to meet with loss adjusters, builders, insurance people, anyone and everyone who can help. Things are moving, but we need to balance all the discussions, and not back anyone into a corner by going public prematurely so more later. We even need to talk with the plannign department to ensure we get permission to rebuild in something other than wood! :p

Again thanks to you all, please come to the event on 20/21 May both to say **** you to the arsonists and so that I can thank as many of you who donated as possible. You might even see the organiser famed for taking money actually putting his hands is his pocket and buying a drink or two for those who have given! :O