YES!!

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
James

Post by James » Mon May 08, 2006 7:14 pm

ahh yeah, sxci me was first shown on that slalom thingy.

probs get raiped for this comment.. sozy x

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue May 09, 2006 9:25 am

what? I am too old for text speak obviously! :p
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Tue May 09, 2006 11:57 am

:p I must be too old as well can't make head nor tail what James is saying
:angry:

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Tue May 09, 2006 12:16 pm

No-one is ever too old, to learn how to speak in text form that is! :D

Kev.S

Post by Kev.S » Tue May 09, 2006 12:24 pm

Dolly wrote:No-one is ever too old, to learn how to speak in text form that is! :D
I don't understand you when you speak normally! :p
To err is human, if you really want to screw up, use a computer!!

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue May 09, 2006 1:08 pm

Yes but we learn from our kids, and there is NO WAY they would let me in on sxci things! :D

Seems to risky to me, my tryping is bad enough, if I go to txt spk you have no chance of understanding my posts.

I know some people think that is a good thing.

ps, surley this should be off topic, not rants and raves? Perhaps Steve will move it when he sees it.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

VivienneM

Post by VivienneM » Tue May 09, 2006 1:45 pm

To be old and boring, I think he was talking about the Scottish TV Adventure show. Not many juniors featured but great coverage of the top seniors. Amazing camera angles -thoroughly enjoyed it. Would be good if it could be on national BBC.

James

Post by James » Thu May 11, 2006 10:50 pm

Mumbot! u killed the conversation! now i'm gona kill u with my lvl 43 skeleton mace. no, move it to events cos its lyk the event of me being on tv. love u lots mum! xx

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri May 12, 2006 8:31 am

James dont use the mace - who would drive you to events. Even if it takes a while we do work out the sense (eventually). Mothers are supposd to be sensible. Stops us parents in our tracks when we are reminded of this.

Better punishment (warning advert coming).

Take her to see Seedy paddler this weekend for a scottish slalom. OR bring her to Peterborough next weekend and enter her, you could even 'do' C2 with her. We will provide a K1, C1 or C2 for the dirty deed.

Bored at work

Post by Bored at work » Fri May 12, 2006 3:07 pm

Canoeing on TV is always good. Pity I couldn't watch it - not having Sky.

Parents in boats are scary, specially when they beat you. My dad often managed to beat me, but then he did have thousands of years head start on me. My mum wasn't too bad when she was in a boat either.

Hazel

ted

Post by ted » Fri May 12, 2006 6:58 pm

i hate the way my dad's now better than me. and to think it took so long for me to overtake him and now I'm back to square one...!

Richie

Post by Richie » Fri May 12, 2006 8:37 pm

I hope they didn't show my interview in the show. I've not had a great deal of practice and I struggled a little. Don't think they were too impressed when I told them I prefered artificial courses over their lovely river in Scotland!! Not to worry.