Shepperton on bank Hol Monday

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
mk1zetec

Post by mk1zetec » Wed May 31, 2006 5:17 pm

Wish it could be like this when an event is on!

Didn't do much gate training though, just played on the waves!!!

You will need broadband for this (8.4mb).

http://media.putfile.com/shepperton-290506

Graeme

Post by Graeme » Wed May 31, 2006 8:10 pm

I have done a competition when it has been like that infact i think it may have been bigger ha ??? ,

Granted it was like 8 years ago and you could have been paddling straight at a gate and you would dissapear in a whirl pool/ boil but it sure was fun.

It may have even been a division 2 or 1 race, back when they held competition on biggish water and didnt cancel them ;)

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Wed May 31, 2006 9:04 pm

The race was held on big water two years ago and three years ago on big water, only the bravest div 2's raced though!

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed May 31, 2006 10:33 pm

Interestingly, my web filter is categorising the video as "violence" (yes I could switch the filter off!). I think it's pretty clever to recognise that water can be violent.

Down to one gate and a side today, but boils and great fun judging by the smiles of paddlers.

Perhaps we need a floating Shepperton Div 1 event - ie as soon as it hits 4 gates we run the event.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

mk1zetec

Post by mk1zetec » Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:24 pm

Graeme wrote:I have done a competition when it has been like that infact i think it may have been bigger ha ??? ,

It may have even been a division 2 or 1 race, back when they held competition on biggish water and didnt cancel them ;)

Ha, so have i, first slalom of the year 1987 (showing my age there) 6 gates open (not 4 as in Vid). It was a cauldron of messy eddies and boils. and the course lasted about 3+ mins.

mikey

Post by mikey » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:55 pm

Yeah I was at that race in 87 with 6 gates open! Remeber the radioactive sign on the gate over the hole!!!

Ps. I won as I was the only paddler to make the top cross!