Washburn Slalom

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Geebs

Post by Geebs » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:02 pm

I was excited to see the start list on the front page and unfortunatly it seems to be missing the key ingrediant,,, a list of starters.

One thing I did notice was the carpark charge of £2.00 per day, do we not pay enough in entry fee's already without these hidden extra's, it does not say anything in the prior event information about this, just spring it on people after they have already paid to attend :angry:
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:32 pm

I think that to a certain extent the car park charges at Washburn are justified - I believe the water charges are very expensive, and the organiser does need to recoup some of it.

Less understandable is Telford's charge of £2.50 for their own site at Jackfield rapids. Perhaps someone can explain that one.

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:22 pm

Possibly so, but why is it not mentioned in the yearbook or on the advert?

I disagree with these car parking charges unless they are notified before hand, it annoys me after you got up early in a morning driven in some cases 100's of miles to arrive at a venue only to be charged for the privilege of parking your vehicle which is the only way of transporting you and your boat there, in some cases I know that you have to use public carparks which is fair, but come on it is not a public carpark at Washburn.

In theory this has put the entry fee up from £24.00 to £28.00 a 16.7% increase!

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:45 pm

Thanks for posting the entry list :D

It looks like being a busy weekend with all those entries, don't forget your waterproofs for Sunday :(