Proposals B4.3, B4.4, B5.3, B5.4, B6.4 - Equal scores not accounted for

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
quaker

Post by quaker » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:46 pm

I've just read the agenda and noticed that there is a proposal to remove the following statement:

"For points calculation in number if there are two or more competitors with an identical best score, equal points are given, calculated for the highest placed such competitor."

What exactly is going to replace this situation? I can't find anywhere that deals with this situation (I don't have a misprinted yearbook to hand) once it has been removed - may be someone knows how it will be covered.

I'm pretty sure that is something that affects all divisions. If the second best run is identical what will happen?

Please help.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:07 pm

My understanding is that where paddlers can be seperated by second runs, they will have seperate points, if they cannot be seperated they have the same points.
e.g. paddler Run1 Run2
Fred 101.1 101.2
Joe 101.2 101.1
Colin 101.1 100.9
Colin Wins (Hooray!) and gets 100, or 1000 points
Fred and Joe come equal second and get 67 or 667 points each.
You are correct that there is no where that this is explicitly recorded in the yearbook, so perhaps there will be an amednment to clarify this. (or to agree they get teh average poinst, or. . . )
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points