river access petition

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Yester Years Kayak

Post by Yester Years Kayak » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:10 pm

Just noticed that the WWR web pages have a link to an online petition for greater river access which is hosted on the 10 Downing St web site.

URL is access petition if anyone is interested in sigining up for it.

Paul.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:25 pm

Cant believe we have less votes than changing the National Anthem to 'Gold', come on folks vote for access
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:43 pm

Come on and spread the word, at least we are above Gold for the National Anthem but less than a tenth of the declared BCU membership and at similar levels (i.e. 10%) vs the demand to repeal the Ban on Hunting. We need to get above the hunting & fishing set to show that we mean business.

Click the link and sign up - you know it makes sense!

And that is me signed up some 250 miles North of the English Border, but it is a UK Parliament so I am allowed to have my say!

katonas

Post by katonas » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:25 am

Blanket email friends and family and beg for their signature. Make sure your club website has a link to the petition on its mainpage :D

katonas

Post by katonas » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:53 pm

Has anyone put a link onto their club website / put friends and family on the petition ?

eg. www.herefordkayakclub.co.uk

:O

katonas

Post by katonas » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:00 pm

Tell your friends to go to
www.icancanoe.co.uk
I've set up a link to the petition. This address is a bit easier to remember than the 10 downing st one ! :;):www.icancanoe.co.uk

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:29 pm

Or just use the link at the start of this thread? :p

Personally I would ask your question the other way round:
Who HASNT put a link on their web site/ensured that all family friends/acquaintances have signed? AND WHY NOT :angry: .
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

katonas

Post by katonas » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:48 pm

I logged on to the site at work yesterday and quite a few colleagues signed the petition. :D

katonas

Post by katonas » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:27 pm

Please forward this email to everyone you know !!!!

Dear All,
Please go to

http://www.icancanoe.co.uk

and add your name if you believe as I do, that more rivers should be accessible to canoeists. Don't forget to add your email address (A UNIQUE EMAIL ADDRESS MUST BE USED FOR EACH PERSON !)and click on the link when you receive an email. If you agree, please forward this email to your friends. Logon at work and get colleagues to sign please.
All the best,

:p

katonas

Post by katonas » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:35 pm

3689 only. We need 100 times that for any notice to be taken. Has anyone signed their family/colleagues, emailed their friends or club webmasters ?

This could be the time to get all those free email addresses your broadband provider promised, as you need a different one for each person. I have 8 email addresses now...

I emailed lots of people in our club, but although most of those at a recent meeting had seen the email, none had signed it !

???