hi there
Not been around but is this true that they are about to shut Nottingham in 2009
My souce says that they are pumping all the money into Teesside
Can not revail my souce can some one please tell me as mite get back in a boat
Fison :D
lets get it on

canoecrazy

Post by canoecrazy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:20 pm

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oo :( i love hpp!!!

fishy

Post by fishy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:24 am

I hope your sources are correct it would be good if more money was put into teesside, its a much better course and you dont get ill from tees unlike the river trent

Fison would be good to see u back in your boat

Smoggie

Post by Smoggie » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:39 pm

What? Teesside is a much better course? Than nene maybe. But Nottingham, no.

mole

Post by mole » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:42 pm

at nottingham you can do everything and it is haome to more than one thing! eg. rafting, peak uk shop, rowing and of corse CANOEING/KAYAKING!!!!!!!!!!!
moly boy who cant spel

canoecrazy

Post by canoecrazy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:58 pm

nothing but trywerryn can beat hpp.....tees is like the worst course ever(my opinion)

mole

Post by mole » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:06 pm

ye trywerryn is great but it is to far for an evening! nottingham is faily close to most people :O
moly boy who cant spel

ninja

Post by ninja » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:10 pm

If they shut down hpp I'll cry!!! :(
teese is alrite for good novices/intermediat paddlers, but its toooooooo shalow!!!!!
I think both should stay open.
everyone knows how not to get sick at hpp....drink some coke
nobody's perfect.................................................i'm nobody

fishy

Post by fishy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:59 pm

yeah well tees is best in my opion but that i guess is due to paddling it a couple of times a week and only paddling hpp at competitions, or ocasionally to row there

I believe that the ARA (amatur rowing assciation) aint too hapy either as alot of the major races are held there

star

Post by star » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:35 pm

Both HPP and Tees have their flaws, hopefully the money will be put into Teesside and improve all the problems that you all report, but who knows. Rumours about improvement to Teesside have been flying about for years and nothing has yet to be done so lets wait and see......... Eventually, if the work is done, there will still be people who are unhappy!!

fishy

Post by fishy » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:51 pm

It looks like they are upgrading Teesside. There's an article http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news....ge.html

Slow_n_dirty

Post by Slow_n_dirty » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:53 pm

unlikely as the course is the only part of the National Water Sports Centre that actually makes any money! Maybe you're getting confused with the fact that NWSC reverts to Notts City/County ownership, from Sport England in 2009. As yet they haven't decided what they will do with it.

HPP is going to be needed as a training site for 2012, so don't expect any major changes until well after that, I would expect further investment, improvement of facilities, rest assured it wont be close, don't forget the BCU invested alot of it's own money in this site.

It would be nice to get the Trywerwyn back from the freeking rafters though!

katonas

Post by katonas » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:44 pm

If you draw a 50mile circle around the two centres its clear which centre allows a larger population access. However, both centres are needed for the health of the sport.

John Sturgess

Post by John Sturgess » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:51 pm

Looking at the website, these are the same obstacles they use at Cergy - in which case they are magnificent as long as we are allowed to use them properly.
I was at Cergy a couple of weeks ago, and watched them turn off the pumps after a White-Water Racing session; a man in waders changed the whole configuration of the drops in ten minutes while coaches moved the gates out; and fifteen minutes after the water went off it was back on for a regional Slalom session.
Talking to people from the local Club (research for Feb 24th: what I was there for) they do the same when there is a Rodeo session.
But will HPP let us do that?