New ICF Rules

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Seedy Paddler

Post by Seedy Paddler » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:08 pm

???

just got this through, haven't been able to look it up and consider in detail:

New ICF Statutes and Competition Rules for Canoe Slalom now available on the ICF webpage – you get a direct access here:

ICF Slalom Rules

Some interesting reading…

Reported changes include max. gate width increased to 4m and the lower end of poles to 20cm above water. Also they seem to have tried to deal with all the controversy that was caused by problems with holding of team boats and protests in Prague by changing the wording of the relevant rules.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:06 pm

They also recognise that ladis paddle sensible botas, so there are now canadian classes for women.

Could be some interesting debates for that

AND

That you can compete in more than one class. . . So watch for Martikan in K1, and complaints that as he has done C1 and K1 he has ha more practice. . . .

AND

If there is Official TV of teh event, the Chief Judge can use it for personal information. But then how many of us paddle where there is official television coverage?

Will study more tonight, Thanks seedy
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:53 pm

Well been through the rules now. Interesting reading, all sorts of administrative changes, and a few rules (like gates shoudl be approx 20cm from the water not approx 15 - no its not a minimum, its and approximate)

I'm glad I am not on the committee any more and having to decide if these changes should be adopted this year for national competitions, or can wait till next year. Especially with the year book probably on the way to print :(
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

canoebabe88

Post by canoebabe88 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:33 pm

yey they have finally seen sense and letting me compete in C1 :D :D

But is this going to change like it did last year when i got my hopes up too early???