Clubs Conference - Food for thought!

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Anne

Post by Anne » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:16 am

Just like to say a great big thanks to all those attending the Clubs conference yesterday. A special thanks to Rich Lee, John Sturgess, Suzy Hornby, Les Ford, Alan Edge and Andy Maddock for delivering the presentations. Those not there missed out on a wealth of information. There was much food for thought and hopefully club reps will go away with inspiration and entheusiasm. It would be good to see slalom clubs leading the way towards Top Club status.

The powerpoint presentations will be posted on the web for all to seen. Don't forget, any feedback, whether good or bad to me please.

Any suggestions for content of future cenferences also to me.

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:48 pm

Thank you Anne for organising it. To my mind it is the most encouraging thing that has happened in our sport for many years.

It is great to see that the clubs are getting recognised as the building blocks of the future of slalom. It was useful to hear Les Ford's experiences of setting up a top club, to learn more about the set up and aims of World Class Start from Andy, and to hear John's sales pitch for building "strong" clubs. We've had a couple of visits from Alan at Manchester over this winter already, so much of what he had to say was old news, but I am sure many of the other attendees learnt a lot about the new coaching set up.