Best current boat=macao
Beat slalom boat that should realy be a play boat=martikan :D
probably not much along the lines of what you were thinking but hey :p
nobody's perfect.................................................i'm nobody

canoecrazy

Post by canoecrazy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:25 pm

Shorty wrote:hey,
jus a suggestion...
what about a kind of guide on boats? like the course guide? Made by the paddlers for the paddlers??? and anybody can add their opinion so that it won't be biased like.

What do you think???

Discuss! lol
yea thats a good idea

Dave Royle

Post by Dave Royle » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:47 pm

For those who can read french, here is their version

Equipment listing on Eauxvives

canoecol

Post by canoecol » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:51 pm

okay as you are probably all aware i'm probably slightly biased but i will try my best not to be. I would have to aggree with what stu mac says.

If you are under 70 kgs the options are the macao and the martikan. There are other boats on the market but these are really the only to cometitive designs. I would say that the macao is the more stable and faster boat in a straight line. The martikan is a much more extreme design with potential to be very quick especially at turning but is more suited to the more experienced paddler. This is due to the way the boat needs to be paddled as well as stability. The martikan is probably however more fun to paddle due to its extreme nature.

For larger paddlers 80kg+ the options are between the vajda lizard and the galasport loco. Both boats are competitive and have a large amount of volume which makes them very good on big water as well as not as extreme or exciting as the smaller boats. A price the heavier paddler has to pay but made up by being more skillful and powerful then the little boys ;) Both boats are characterised by turning with the weight forward and the boat flat. I personally paddle the loco and find it absolutely awesome. The extra volume makes it a much better boat for me than my previous ninja pro.

For paddlers in the 70-80kg range i think the choice is between the macao and the lizard as the martikan is to small and the loco too big.

I hope this helps and i look forward to you all ordering macaos and locos in the near future!