Andy Clough

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Dutch Geezer

Post by Dutch Geezer » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:01 pm

Just found this on the GB WWR website.

6 July... Extremely sad news in this message from Iain Clough

"Andy Clough died on 04 July 2007 in a road traffic accident on his way to work in Melbourne, Australia.

Most of you will have known my brother - and whilst it was sad for me when he decided to emigrate to Australia with his wife, Michelle, and son, James, this latest news is virtually impossible to bear for all of us in the family. Andy and family had settled in fantastically well, and appear to have a firm group of friends who are supporting Mich and James in this difficult time whilst my Mum and Dad, and Carolyn and I, get out to Australia. A number of you had seen Andy had won the National and State WWR championships in C1 WWR, and we were looking forward to racing C2 this spring (in Australia).

Andy also appears to have been very well respected at work - I've yet to meet his colleagues in person, but have spoken to some of them on the phone - and had started to build a new house for the three of them, outside Melbourne, and with a view of the sea. He'd also taken up surfing, having just purchased his first board, but it was his skills as a C1, and C2 bow man in both slalom and WWR, that I really remember him for. I'm missing him so much that I cannot think how Michelle is coping.

I'm only as far as Hong Kong at present, and will arrive Melbourne on Saturday lunchtime. Any messages can be passed to the family via Iain.Clough [at] Marsh.com."