100%
Against the motion
No votes
Abstain
No votes

Total votes: 8

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:34 am

Remove some obsolete wording and reduce the time limit for application to 6 weeks before the event.

Also define organised groups.

Sorry, I am not typing the whole motion, unless someone asks nicely
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

John Sturgess

Post by John Sturgess » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:26 pm

While this issue is being looked at is it not time to realise that most C-class Internationals in Europe are quite happy to accept entries from Under-14 paddlers and younger, sometimes in a cadet class, usually just on the general entry list. It is easy enough to check up on, as Polish, Czech and Slovak results sheets always give the paddlers' years of birth.

So could the Exec please desist from telling youngsters that they can't enter these events? Even encourage them to do so?

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:32 pm

ICF Rule 3.4
"The first year, a junior competitor can compete is the year in which his/her 15th birthday falls and teh last year he/she may compete, as a junior is the year in which his/her 18th birthday falls"

As part of teh Governing body, I do not see that the slalom committee can do is ensure that published rules/regulation match those under which the competition is supposed to be run.

This shoudl not mean that if the organiser flouts this rule we should not allow, or even encourgae people to enter events. I believe that we should do so. Rats! I'm agreeing with John! Have to stop that :D
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.

John Sturgess

Post by John Sturgess » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:22 pm

It's worth pointing out that quite a few of our Under-14's did manage to race in Class C Internationals this year without applying to the Committee, and without that Committee objecting.

Maybe because that Committee ran one of the races ...

Pan-Celtic Cup races appeared on the ICF calendar as C Class Internationals

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:37 pm

Lots of debate about inclusion of regional and club groups and the relative priority to be given to them.

Finally accepted such that WHEN the organisers restrict entries, the second criteria reads
Non-representative, but organised, Podium Programme or Home Nation Programme or Regional or club groups (in that priority order) otherwise as in 1 and notified to the B.C.U Slalom administrator SIX WEEKS prior to the competition