British Open Results

General slalom chatter...rant about the bad, rave about the good
Kazz

Post by Kazz » Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:14 pm

im now really confused how can someone win the british open (k1w) that they didnt qualify for ??? the winner got a 50 in the semis and went thro as a world ranking paddler i thought to get the ranking points but how then did they manage to beat someone who qualified for the final and then came second :( this just cant be right :(

phatboy

Post by phatboy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:01 pm

The british open was a world ranking race, there were only 6 boats per nation in the world ranking race and therefore only 8 boats in that particular race i think?? Meaning that they all went through to the final and in the final, the winner was infact one of the unfortunate MANY to get 50 in the semi, The same rules stood for the K1M and the C1M.

Their points will be calculated for the prem according to where they fell after not making the finals from the semis, so they won't be getting the full 100 points.

Hope this helps your query.
Phatty!

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:44 am

I've commented elsewhere about my views on Town Falls as a prem race venue and I think it's great!

However, this weekend did seem to be an interesting course of events! I don't really understand why the paddlers who were racing for world ranking points got put into to final automatically, especially when so many wouldn't have progressed from the semi across the categories...

Also, what recognition was given for the prem race? I was at prize giving and don't recal paddlers receiving prizes for the prem race that was run in conjunction with the British Open. As far as I could see the results were not alligned...

jjayes

Post by jjayes » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:47 pm

Here is video of the race last weekend.

British Open 2009.jjayes youtube