Junior Selection - What are the dates for next year?

Discuss past and future events
MikeR

Post by MikeR » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:30 pm

I have been looking at the provisional calendar for next year, and could do with knowing (as I need to sort out my winter training program!) how junior selection is going to work next year.

The calendar has a Junior & U23 selection race at HPP, is this going to be the only race that the whole of junior selection depends on, or are there also going to be the normal selection races at Grandtully & Bala as well?

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:01 pm

Hi Mike,

As I understand it, the Junior & U23 selection dates/venues for 2011 are -

2nd April Tryweryn (and Prem Race 2)
9th April Holme Pierrepont
16th April Grandtully (and Prem Race 3)

The above is of course provisional and subject to approval at the ACM.

Mark
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:17 pm

Selection is a matter for the international panel, not the ACM, nor the slalom committee.

All the ACM will do is approve the calendar dates for slaloms, which events are to be used will be in the selection procedure, which I undertsand is in draft and has to be approved.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:52 pm

Draft selection policy for 2011/2012 now published - see front page of UK Slalom web site for the link.

The Under 18 selection dates are as detailed above but interestingly Under 23 selection will be held purely on HPP over the same weekend as Under 18 selection.
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.