Abbey Rapids

Discuss past and future events
Happychappy

Abbey Rapids

Post by Happychappy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:26 pm

We just wanted to say how much we enjoyed the Abbey Rapids weekend.
It's the first time we have paddled there and found it a great event, shame
About the weather but you got to deal with what your dealt...

Looking forward to the next one there, cheers to all that made it possible...

Nicky

Re: Abbey Rapids

Post by Nicky » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:42 am

REMINDER! Late entry deadline is this weekend for the 1/2 September!

entries are coming in a bit slower than expected this year, but there are still a couple of weeks left. We've got a fair pile, but plenty of space for late entries!

I'll be away from this weekend, for just over a week, so email responses may be a bit slow, but presume that everything is fine, it usually is! Start list will be released on Sunday along with the information pack.

We now have a webcam up at abbey, so you can check water levels to get yourself excited!

http://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/l ... ard-Castle

there's acres of space for camping on site and abbey can deal with very high/low water, so there shouldn't be any problems.

On a separate note, we're running a White Water Race on Saturday afternoon and we've got a few wavehoppers for people to try, we've also got a team event, so looking forward to a great weekend.

See you all there

Nicky

Nicky

Post by Nicky » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:09 pm

start list has now been updated (or at least i've sent an updated one through to nick!) after taking quite some time dealing with all of the late entries.

if you have any queries please let me know, I will respond as quickly as possible, but will be away from home quite a bit from this afternoon in preperation for the weekend.

Looking forward to seeing you all there this weekend.

Nicky

PeterC

Post by PeterC » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:55 pm

Hope it goes well Nicky even if I have to work instead of enjoying your riverbank!