Matlock Slalom

Discuss past and future events
Clare

Matlock Slalom

Post by Clare » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:07 am

Thank you to everyone that came this weekend- we hope you all got the results you wanted!

Keep an eye out on www.sportsshots.co.uk for photos from the weekend.

We had 190 paddlers on Saturday and 172 today, so apologies to anyone that had a longer day than you were expecting. Any feedback from the weekend, please let me know :D

See you all next year!

Happychappy

Re: Matlock Slalom

Post by Happychappy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:08 am

Hi Clare,

I was dissapointed i could not paddle (hop along) my new knickname but wanted to say a big thankyou on behalf of all the paddlers for a well organised event. What a great attendance, possibly the largest entry I have been to, but you all kept it running smoothly, the traffic wardens were brilliant to.... :D

susankayak

Re: Matlock Slalom

Post by susankayak » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:44 am

Hi

Yet again thanks to the organisers and paddlers and supporters for helping me to race with my injured leg. Both in WWR and slalom, organisers and paddlers and their supporters have done everything thing they can to assist me and others with issues. It is nice to be in a sport which is competitive but where the aged/injured are still catered for and supported.

Clare and the team were so helpful even when, after a calamity getting in, where my injured leg and wound had got potentially soaked (which I was strenuously trying to avoid) I was in a bit of a state at the start, they were so supportinve and calming.

WELL DONE AND THANK YOU TO ALL AGAIN

Best wishes Susan