England ACM - Saturday 17th October, Llangollen

Discuss past and future events
Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:42 pm

As the slalom race is only being held on the Sunday now, there is a very good chance that turn out will be poor for our 2nd ACM on Saturday 17th October in Llangollen. Can I urge as many of you to turn up and support the meeting therefore.

I've also decided to set a start time of 5pm for the meeting, as there won't be any gates to change and this gives everyone time to go out and eat an evening meal straight after.

Only one additional agenda item was submitted. This will be a presentation by the newly appointed England Regional Club Coaches.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Llangollen.

Mark
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:35 pm

I forgot to add that the posts of Vice-Chairperson and Secretary are up for renewal at this years ACM. Also, for the meeting to be quorate we need representation from at least 10 English clubs that have registered an interest in slalom with Jim Croft, BCU Slalom Administrator, for 2009.
The above is the personal opinion of Mark Shaw and does not reflect the views of either the BCU or England Slalom Committees.

Geebs

Post by Geebs » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:41 pm

Mark, I know that it is late in the day, but do you think it would be better to reschedule the meeting, as you say with it being on the day before a one day event, will there be many people actually be in the area on Saturday now?

Pretty sure that with the timing of the event it is not worth arriving till the Sunday now, certainly if we were attending the competition we would not be travelling till early Sunday!

Cheers Graeme
Paddle fast,,,Paddle safe Yorkshire Canoe Coaching

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:26 am

Hi Graeme,

I'm going to run with it for this year as the venue is already booked and I haven't really got time to rearrange it to an alternative weekend - I actually have a Saturday free for once now the race is on Sunday so gives me more time to actually prepare for the ACM!

Next year however I plan to move the ACM to the McConkey Prem/1 event at HPP, as long as the committee and everyone present this Saturday is in agreement.

Mark

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:39 am

Mmmm 8:30am practice runs, 4hr journey....think we will still be going up the night before so I can get me ZZzzzzzzzzzzz!
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Dee

Post by Dee » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:51 am

Mark - any idea how long the meeting will last
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:06 am

Hi Dee,

Difficult to say but probably no more than an hour.

Mark

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:22 pm

As the event this weekend has now been cancelled and I assume the vast majority will no longer be travelling / cancelling their accommodation, I am proposing to move the meeting to next weekend instead.

Can all those who were planning on attending the meeting please confirm that they are OK with this proposal?

I will advise of any change in location / start time for the meeting on the front page of the UK Slalom web site.

Mark

the ginge

Post by the ginge » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:15 pm

hi mark as the acm is being held at a prem/1 event.next year how about holding it at a div 2/3/4 event so lower ranked paddlers can have a say.
glen

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:07 pm

Hi Glen,

If you are offering the committee somewhere to host the ACM that is central to most slalom clubs in England on a date that doesn't clash with a Prem/Div 1 race in September/October 2010 then get in touch - my details are in the yearbook.

However, the meeting is primarily for England slalom club representatives - although individual paddlers are always more than welcome. Perhaps you should ask your slalom club chair/secretary whether they were planning on attending the ACM to represent your views?

Mark Shaw

Post by Mark Shaw » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:10 pm

The England ACM has been re-booked for this coming Saturday 24th October in the Hand Hotel immediately after course change.

Can everyone please pray for rain!!