Results

Discuss past and future events
chauffeur

Post by chauffeur » Wed May 17, 2006 9:57 am

I can understand Nick getting frustrated being bombarded with emails about results.
It would appear it is certain events each year that the results are always being waited for.
We need Div 2 results being brought up to date to make sure about the points needed for promotion have been obtained.
I don't want to send cheques off for events I don't need to attend , or vice versa, send in a late entry and get stung!
I know there are several families who think they might have been recently promoted but will paddle in extra events until this is confirmed, this takes points of those still seeking promotion.

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed May 17, 2006 7:47 pm

The boot leg rankings are just that [/I]bootleg. So even if they show a promotion this doesn't actually guarantee that it has been achieved. (Though most of the time they are pretty accurate). Of course, there is nothing to stop you keeping track of your own points, something that everyone would have to have done in the distant(!) dark ages before the web.

Slalom organisers are required to send copies of results to relevant ranking compilers and bib officers, and to entrants who have included a results envelope, within 15 days of slalom end. The Fairnilee organisers haven't missed the deadline yet so can't really be blamed!

With regard to people competing in an event after they should have been promoted, I suspect that it would be possible to have your points adjusted appropriately if this was brought to the attention of the ranking compiler. I'm not sure what the rules state though - does anyone know?
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » Wed May 17, 2006 11:31 pm

chauffeur wrote:I don't want to send cheques off for events I don't need to attend , or vice versa, send in a late entry and get stung!
I know there are several families who think they might have been recently promoted but will paddle in extra events until this is confirmed, this takes points of those still seeking promotion.
If you find you have been promoted, (and a quick phone call to the relevant ranking officer is all it takes to sort out the confusion, from my son's experience last season), then the Slalom Organiser will give a full refund - or rip up your cheque at the cost of a phone call - see rule 11.6.2
Life is what happens when you're making other plans.

katonas

Post by katonas » Sat May 20, 2006 11:52 am

What happened to the Bala Mill April results ? ???

chauffeur

Post by chauffeur » Mon May 22, 2006 1:20 pm

The Bala results are applied to div 2, 3 and 4 tables, just not a full list.