Loddon Slalom - 28th/29th May

Discuss past and future events
* Naomi *

Post by * Naomi * » Tue May 09, 2006 2:26 pm

Hello everyone,
For those of you not going to llandysul for the junior and vets champs, why not come along to the river loddon? Its a division 3/4 event, with teams one day, individuals the next.
Located in the south of england just outside of reading- normally a sunny weekend, and always very enjoyable.
And dont worry it doesnt clash with canadian paddlers event at peterborough- its the following weekend.
entries will be taken on the day for those of you who dont like planning
:)

* Naomi *

Post by * Naomi * » Tue May 23, 2006 10:16 pm

Just a bit of a warning.....

There has been lots and lots of rain, which has meant the river level has risen so much that if it rises anymore then the competition will have to be cancelled as it will be too dangerous. Hopefully this won't happen and we will make a decision by friday, but just to warn people that this is a possibilty.

Dee

Post by Dee » Tue May 23, 2006 11:03 pm

My sympathies Naomi,

Shame we couldn't have had all that rain for the div 1 at Shepperton. Never mind worrying about how to allocate points, get the right ages, permit on-line entries, work slalom software and tutti; what we really, really need is a way of controlling rainfall!
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

jke

Post by jke » Wed May 24, 2006 5:03 pm

* Naomi *,May 23 2006,22:16]Just a bit of a warning.....

That would be a shame. We hope to have a group new to slalom entering. There's more rain forecast for tonight but then not much for the next few days.
John Kent

* Naomi *

Post by * Naomi * » Wed May 24, 2006 6:29 pm

if it was a week later the water level wouldnt be an issue at all. how typical. today it was about an inch lower than last night, promising, but still not totally sure.
i think one of us will test paddle it tomorrow,
so watch this space..

* Naomi *

Post by * Naomi * » Thu May 25, 2006 8:31 pm

Good News!

We ran the river this evening, its safe to paddle, and no rain forcast over the next few days so river levels will drop even more.

The event is definately ON!!!!

jim croft

Post by jim croft » Fri May 26, 2006 8:08 am

??? Hi Naomi hope your first event goes well sorry I can't come and support the event but I am still not allowed to drive.

By the way thanks for the get well card I am wearing the badge that came with it.

Good luck again

Jim :D

Dee

Post by Dee » Mon May 29, 2006 5:33 pm

Great Event Naomi (in spite of the hail!).

Well done for all your efforts

D
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!

jke

Post by jke » Tue May 30, 2006 8:20 am

Well done Naomi. We really enjoyed the event (Frome).
John Kent