Discuss past and future events
c2canoeslalom

Post by c2canoeslalom » Tue May 23, 2006 11:45 am

Comparing the C2's against the men is fine however the 'C2 factor' needs to be reviewed. 1.25 is too low. At the second Tully Prem 4 C2's all gained 1000 points by being within that percentage. I contacted several members of the exec prior to the Tully race and asked what happens if 2 or more boats go under the threshold.
One of the reponses was 'the answer is simple, it'll never happen.'

A little annoying but I didn't argue cos I knew that it would happen as WCP C2's are meant to make 115% on the K1M (I think)

If this rule does get adapted for use in the C1 and K1W categories more thought needs to be put into the percentage that must be attained to gain maximum points.

If more than one person/crew go under there performance factor (1.25 for c2) and both get 1000 points there is no clear recognition for the winner as second place has been awarded the same as the winner. And as I was saying bout the second Tully Prem the first 4 c2's all gained 1000 points.
RESIST OR SERVE

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Tue May 23, 2006 12:26 pm

Thanks C2Slalom, I was looking at Intrenational Standard (page 31 and 38) defined as being within 128% of K1M for seniors. althouygh for U18 world statndard is 120%.

Last year 125 would have resulted in only 1 crew getting 1000 points. Either you guys are getting better or the kayaks are getting worse. I too trust that the exec will note this and reduce the 1.25% figure for next year.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

fison

Post by fison » Tue May 23, 2006 2:58 pm

well this may be on the same topic

I race in div i and enjoy it and its ment to be my last year to compete. If i race and say finish 3rd in the race with say 60 paddlers in then i get lots of points. Then at another race i come 3rd and there are only say 40 paddlers i get a lot less points. Get my drift

Well we need 4750 points to get promoted to Prem can we not change the scoreing of points around so that if you are finishing in the top 10 it does not matter how many people are in the race What do people think :)
lets get it on

Dee

Post by Dee » Wed May 31, 2006 3:25 pm

I've had no responses to my suggestion for the following rule - if you think it's really bad then do tell!:

"A run cannot count towards promotion if it includes a 50 penalty (though points can be gained for ranking purposes)"

This would at least mean that a paddler being promoted has been able to get all the gates at their current level! Ok, it won't stop all fast promotions but it might help

A second suggestion is that when there is a tie then instead of everyone getting the points awarded for the higher position, the points for the tied positions are shared. So, for example, at Sowerby Bridge div 2 there were 4 K1M who got an equal best time, so they all got a 1000 points. Had their times been more spread out then they would, I think have got 1000, 962, 923, and 885 points. My suggestion would give them all 943 points. This is obviously still a respectable score but would help prevent too many promotions to div 1 that are based on two shared wins.
Kit Washer, Entry Clerk, Chauffeur, Reluctant Organiser, Online Entry Advocate .....
Anything I post under this user is my personal opinion; I am not posting as a member of the Slalom Committee!