Llangollen races - Help needed

Discuss past and future events
davewaine

Post by davewaine » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:49 pm

Div 1 PRACTICE - Surely Div 1s should be able to have some free practise if there is spare time. Eg Fiday late pm or Sat early am. Unless the river is in flood then paddlers should be able to take care of themselves. The organisers can make it very clear that it is 'unsupervised practise with no safety cover'.
I don't mind helping erecting and dismantling the course but I would like to paddle more than just 3 times down it!

Anne

Post by Anne » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:19 am

Safety at llangollen is an issue, but at present it is unlikely the course will be up in time to allow any time for free practice!

Anne

Post by Anne » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:20 am

More requests for assistance at the race! We need starters and finishers please for both weekends, so anyone that can do a session please contact me or Ken Trollope. Remember if you want a good race it takes more than a handful of aging committee members! the rest of the membership has a responsibility as well. Thanks to those of you who have already offered your support.

We still need: help with course erection
judges
judging clerks

Looking forward to two great weekend of racing.

grolsh

Post by grolsh » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:19 pm

Anne, if world class hadn't decided to remove the top paddlers from the last prem/1 of the season then maybe you could have counted on them for help......maybe even some paddlers who dont work. most of us , however, have to work, so it is not possible to give the help you so desparatly crave.

You are on here "begging" people to help you set up a race, when was the last time you helped a club set up a course (not including HPP)?

What goes around comes around!

Nathan Stevenson

Post by Nathan Stevenson » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:02 am

That's just out of order. Please don't use this thread to pursue personal vendettas. Anne has done nothing but good for the sport and it's about time that she has the recognition she deserves. Maybe you feel your tireless efforts for the sport have gone unappreciated...what was your name?

Joe Stevo

Post by Joe Stevo » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:05 am

Adding to your points Nathan, World Class didn't tell the top paddlers to miss the last race of the season, Dutch Water Dreams emailed the paddlers and invited them personally. Chill your beans grolsh!!!!

fishy

Post by fishy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:59 am

Anne wrote:We still need: help with course erection
judges
judging clerks

Looking forward to two great weekend of racing.
if you have recieved an entry form for Helen James to compete div 1 on saturday and judge on the sunday, i can no longer judge, as i have been asked since sending the entry in, to compete in the interregional event on the sunday. im sorry

Anne

Post by Anne » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:37 pm

Whoever you are Grolsh you obviously don't know the first thing about running a race or what a difficult place Llangollen is to run an event on! For your information most of the paddlers going to the DWD ARE the very ones that put a mamoth amount of time and effort back into the sport, and most of those who have volunteered to help on the Friday are from World Class, I couldn't put this race on without them.

Events run by the Slalom Committee means everyone! Most of the volunteers also work full time and put most of their spare time into running and improving the sport for ther likes of you, sometimes I wonder why!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to those of you who have volunteered to help - very much appreciated.

Anne

Dave Royle

Post by Dave Royle » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:40 pm

I'm looking forward to our friend Grolsh helping with putting up the course on Friday.