Langollen - Thanks

Discuss past and future events
Anne

Post by Anne » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:57 am

Thanks to everyone that helped put out the comms and the course up, changed it on Sat evening and then stayed behind on Sunday to help take it down (not many here but you know who you are).

Also big thanks to section judges who covered gate judging so that only a few paddlers had to do any tasks during the day. Big thank you to those competitors that did have to do something and congratulations to all the winners.

It was good to see so many people in Llangollen, a great weekends racing really exciting - who would have predicted that water level for Sunday!

Looking forward to next weekend, all top paddlers racing plus some visitors from abroad including a large contingent from France and the Oscars! Shouls be a great event.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:30 pm

Great to be back racing at Llangolly.

Thanks to everyone involved in the preparation and organisation of the event. Hopefully the town's traders' noticed an increase in trade and will support races in the future. It would be good though to get a written agreement for continued access that will benefit the whole sport.

What was the water level like on Sunday and were any of Saturday's injuries that I heard of, serious?
Out of Darkness cometh Light

davebrads

Post by davebrads » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:38 pm

The level on Sunday was a good bit higher, so we were able to get the full Llangollen experience.

Fortunately Joan Cawthrey's injuries were not too serious, nothing broken, just some nasty bruising, but it will take her a few days to be able to get around properly again.

Dave Royle

Post by Dave Royle » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:07 pm

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the racing. It was great to paddle at Llangollen again, particularly as the water came up on Sunday.

Whilst putting the course up on Friday a number of locals asked what was going on and were pleased and excited to have the event back again. Just shows that we have our supporters in the Town.

Thanks to Nick Penfold for getting the ranking lists up so quick. Is there anyone else out there with a website full of photos they want to share?

fishy

Post by fishy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:29 pm

yeah thanks for great weekend of racing, can i say a big thanks for the two girls that rescued my boat and paddle for me on sunday

Anne

Post by Anne » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:08 am

Great they got your boat, and thanks to the 2 guys who went looking for the 2 girls and boat!!!!

Anne

Post by Anne » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:52 am

Again I must thank everyone who helped to make the British Open at Llangollen such a success. Special thanks must go to World class who once again came and put up the course, made the changes on Saturday, took it down on Sunday and delivered all of the equipment back to Nottingham, without them there would have been no course therefore no race! Thanks guys.

Thanks also must go to Sue Bright and her timing team, Jacky Wetzig and her team of section judges Dave, Waddington, Andy Hounslow and team for the communications, Sue Waddington for ensuring there were judging clerk, Ed Ecclestone, a very independent chief judge, Sue & Ken + Catharine & Jim for keeping me sane and Alice and Ben for doing whatever I threw at them! Also thanks to those I coercerd into helping on start and finish, so few volunteers meant I got very stressed having to badger people to get the race running!

chauffeur

Post by chauffeur » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:08 am

Thanks to Anne and all the many people who helped organise the racing, it was excellent.
The Oscars Evening was brilliant, thanks to Etiienne and mark.

Some issues are left needing much discussion:
i) safety, there were a few injuries the first week
ii) should automatic promtion be at such an event?
iii) reruns - the word ocurrs ONCE in the IFC rules!