Stafford and Stone Div 3/4

Discuss past and future events
NAM

Post by NAM » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:42 pm

Hi

Can anyone help with some info on next sundays Stafford and Stone Div 3/4 slalom?

What time will people be allowed on the water for free practice and what's the latest we can get entry cards in on the day?

Thanks

Anne

Post by Anne » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:37 am

Try emaling directly the address on the web site calendar. The orgsniser will be able to give you the answers!

JaneS

Post by JaneS » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:04 pm

Details of the event can be found on the Stafford and Stone Club Web Site here:
http://www.staffordandstonecc.co.uk/events.htm

directions/location here:
http://www.staffordandstonecc.co.uk/location.htm

There will be the usual high standard of catering including home-made cakes, hot meals, sandwiches and snacks. There is plenty of on-site parking, changing facilities available in the club house, Stone town centre is a short walk away with supermarkets etc

NAM

Post by NAM » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:17 pm

Thanks for the info.

I have a few interested newbies, so fingers crossed.

Ruth

Post by Ruth » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:44 pm

There is currently a tree mid-way down the course at Stone. The event will still be going ahead. If it is not moved by tommorrow we'll be starting from the middle steps and continuing around the corner. We'll be cutting any dangerous branches off but still be careful whilst practising - remember you're responsible for your own safety during free practise on the Saturday or before the event starts.

Hope this sunny weather continues over the weekend! It should be a good event.

NAM

Post by NAM » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:01 pm

I just wanted to take the time to thank the organisers, helpers and other paddlers for a great event- food, organisation, atmosphere, weather.....

You've converted one river/ polo paddler and I'll be bringing more slalom virgins to your next event.

Thanks again.