grandtully hill race - after race warm down

Discuss past and future events
jon lords hammond

Post by jon lords hammond » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:28 am

To put the people who've asked me over the past few months if there will be a hill race this year, there will be a Grandtully Hill Race, 5 pm Easter Sunday after Div 1/2. Entries 2/1 pound sen/jun. Race length 6.4km 280m climb, Junior Race 3km 150m climb.

Slight change from last year is that due to a very recent review of juniors in Hill Races J16s will now have to do the junior race and I canoot accpet entires from those under 10.

Registration, Riverside Inn 4 pm onwards, course records 26.09(m) and 31.11(f), last runner home is usually in, in just over 50 mins, previous years results and all info about Hill Running dans Ecosse a la following site My Webpage

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:23 am

Slight Oops on the link above, try Scottish Hillrunners

Have fun all of you
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

jon lords hammond

Post by jon lords hammond » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:43 pm

Thanks for that Canadian Paddler, thats what happens when you put up notices at 1.30 in the morning

Dave Royle

Post by Dave Royle » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:28 pm

I'm very much looking forward to not cocking up the marshalling this year. Jon and I need just a little more of a head start to ensure the junior race goes to plan.

No risk of me entering as an under 10. Luc and Christopher are very dissappointed, though.

jon lords hammond

Post by jon lords hammond » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:11 pm

Dave, Jon told me at tully river races that hes planning on running it, I can understand Luc and Christopher being disappointed, but they might not be as disappointed as Stuart Greenaway, a 16 yr old who finished third in last years Lochaber half marathon and who this year, due the rule changes for juniors wont even be able to get an entry for a half marathon even though he'll now be fast enough to win one

jon lords hammond

Post by jon lords hammond » Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:57 pm

Results for this years race now on Scottish Hill runners website, link above, bigger turn out than ever from the running community, but what happened to all you paddlers this year? Anyway the race was won by a man who thinks he's an organ belonging to Deep Purple's now retired keyboard player(me), suprising himself, the other runners and especially last years winner Dan Whitehead who gets the consolation of holding onto the course record for another year. Third place went to a man who's fondness for self abuse knows no limits, Manuel Groman, last year he ran 5 mountain marathons in 5 days over all of Scotland highest peaks to raise money for the Cairngorm Mountain Resuce

First lady, Scottish Internationalist, Sarah Legge of Fife A.C., with Adrian Davis and Leanne Haining taking the respective vets prizes. No juniors, so all the vets got the easter eggs that were meant as junior prizes.

Other notable performances were form the races guest of honour, Colin Radmore, being true to the spirit of the sport and doing it despite a knee injury, and Harry Mugford running in his jeans. and they better get hold of me soon before I eat their prizes.

As for next year I'm probaly going to run it after the double prem for a change and there will be no junior race unless I get juniors requesting one.

Finally, a big thanks to Dave and Jon Royle for the marshalling