Peterborough Jewel of the East Div 3/4 - THE event to be at on 19/20 May

Discuss past and future events
Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Mon May 14, 2007 11:02 am

OK, so I have started the advertising onslaught later than usual, but I did not want to detract from HP (Kev) of Eskimo (CD) - well thats my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Sitting here looking out at the rain, and cold, then looking at the forecast for the weekend (16 degrees and no rain either day) I have to think WHY would anyone NOT come to this event.

* Easy camping, right next to the weir, so no difficult carry to the water, and you can stay in bed until just before your run!
* Friendly good canteen food
* the ability to borrow a boat to try out a proper class (canadian of course)
* prizes galore
* a course designer who has promised to behave and not make the course too difficult on Sunday

OK reasons not to:
* You all hate me :(
* I am only after your money (not true I want you to enjoy yourself - while giving me your money)
* you do not like slaloms where people enjoy themselves ???

Nope none of them very good, so you will have to come over and try the event.

See you ALL this weekend.
Club site for directions etc.
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points

Canadian Paddler

Post by Canadian Paddler » Fri May 18, 2007 7:44 pm

The course is up. When I left there was a nice wave just waiting for competitors. Will you be there or will you be square?

On the way homw the local radio station said there would be no rain, so waether is not an issue, and Mandy is baking cakes again. . . :) There goes the diet!
All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers.
Old. Fat. Slow. Bad tempered. And those are my good points